2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2) - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

Quote Originally Posted by 6gun View Post
    Vacation Lodge lost my reservation also. They have no rooms available Saturday night so they cannot take a new reservation. Lily is starting up their old computer to see if she can find my info. Not sure if finding it will help if they are over booked.
    Did they email you a receipt when you first made the reservation? Bring it. they normally charge for the first night in advance.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Vacation Lodge lost my reservation also. They have no rooms available Saturday night so they cannot take a new reservation. Lily is starting up their old computer to see if she can find my info. Not sure if finding it will help if they are over booked.
    I may be able to help you out there, as I'm about 85-90% sure I'm going to bail. Central Texas has this little thing called Harvey hanging over us, and the forecast to get out of here early this week while staying dry doesn't look good. I'll ride in rain, but prefer the kind that is a possibility, not a probability, or in this case, a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    I may be able to help you out there, as I'm about 85-90% sure I'm going to bail. Central Texas has this little thing called Harvey hanging over us, and the forecast to get out of here early this week while staying dry doesn't look good. I'll ride in rain, but prefer the kind that is a possibility, not a probability, or in this case, a certainty.
    Thanks Jeff
    Keep me posted. My preference would be for the Vacation Lodge to fix this and Harvey to leave town and we meet in Pigeon Forge. I found my Confirmation email. They found my reservation on the old computer. They are overbooked. They are running credit cards looking for one to decline so they can boot a reservation out and insert mine.

Dana

Thanks Jeff
    Keep me posted. My preference would be for the Vacation Lodge to fix this and Harvey to leave town and we meet in Pigeon Forge. I found my Confirmation email. They found my reservation on the old computer. They are overbooked. They are running credit cards looking for one to decline so they can boot a reservation out and insert mine.

Dana
    What a class outfit that is. Holy chit.

I called and confirmed (later) and have receipt in hand... If I arrive and there's NOT A ROOM FOR ME.. THEY BE BEST LAYING OUT MY ROOM IN THE LOBBY.

Ya'll can buy me a drink, as you traipses to your reserved rooms past me; whilst I'm laid out in the lobby.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

I called and confirmed (later) and have receipt in hand... If I arrive and there's NOT A ROOM FOR ME.. THEY BE BEST LAYING OUT MY ROOM IN THE LOBBY.

Ya'll can buy me a drink, as you traipses to your reserved rooms past me; whilst I'm laid out in the lobby.
    You could always get one of those little indoor tents for kids and put that up in the lobby. At least you'd be first in line for breakfast!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Looking Forward to the Rally !

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    FF-Ed
    &
    Jake6969

Coming Thursday - Sunday

Just got vacation approved.
    Looking forward to the Rally !

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    does any one know where next years rally will be - i know i am jumping the gun a bit but just wondering.
    Thanks Bunny!
    I started a new thread in the Trips section for the 2018 Rally Location.

Looking for any meaningful, coherent, input that involves easy accommodations, no passports, great riding, and transportation that will NOT get delayed if the port closes while that 3d world country decides to have a coup!
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Add me to the list! I will be there. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Jeff

Dana
    Dana, what is your last name? After checking the National Weather Service map for the week, I'm going to cancel my room this morning. I'm 0-2 on planned trips to the Smokies this year, due to torrential rain, but my situation is a minor inconvenience, compared to that hitting the folks in Houston.

https://graphical.weather.gov/sectors/conus.php#tabs

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that...

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Dana, what is your last name? After checking the National Weather Service map for the week, I'm going to cancel my room this morning. I'm 0-2 on planned trips to the Smokies this year, due to torrential rain, but my situation is a minor inconvenience, compared to that hitting the folks in Houston.

https://graphical.weather.gov/sectors/conus.php#tabs

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that...
    Please don't give up on the Smokies! Next time you can get out here, let me know. We can round some folks up and have a mini-rally. Y'all be safe! Texans are the toughest folks around, but damn...