I had Russell make the back rest for the seat. It comes complete with 2 knobs to control front to back and height of the rest. To remove it, you bring the rest forward as flat as possible and pull it out of the steel insert that is hidden in the back of the front seat and under the rear area. No screws or unlocking thingies to mess with. Might take one second to remove the rest and it will fit in the right saddlebag if you talk nice to it. It moved me back a bit over the stock seat so I'm now debating about which risers to install, if not the Helibars. At 5' 11" and 35" sleeve length, I was not sitting all the way back in the seat pocket. When I did, my arms were too straight. Might check out the MBL risers as their quality looks nicer than the Kuri risers. The seat MIGHT have moved me up one inch if that, but the comfort level over stock is night and day with pressure evenly spread out and no tailbone pressure AT ALL. The Russell....not cheap. Your butt.....deserves the best. Could not recommend it more.....11 out of 10 stars.