Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
I ride Hondas mostly for the same reasons I drive Toyotas. I decided when I was in my early 20's that I didn't like working on my cars so I could drive them. Though I modified many vehicles to make them more enjoyable to drive. The " Hondas have no soul" thing, is a phrase I find hilarious. So when facts and statistics can't be disputed, it's time to sway someone's opinion by playing to their emotional side.
I agree with you on the "no soul" Toyota thing. I first discovered it when I bought my first Toyota ...a used 2003 blue Corolla. I quickly discovered that there were only 2 traits I could consider special about that car. First, it had absolutely no special identity ... I saw identical ones everywhere. I've since read that they are the most popular car ever made. Toyota has made over 43,000,000 Corollas. And second, it was extremely reliable and cheap to operate. If a driver can accept or appreciate those 2 traits, they will probably buy another Toyota.

In Feb. I bought my second Toyota. A new 2017 Tacoma PU. It too has the exact same two traits as the Corolla. Basically there is nothing special about it, or wrong with it either, for that matter. Does it "ping my pen*s" ??? NO !!! But I can say this about it. After 6,000 miles I can still find nothing wrong with it. Basically for me it is perfect transportation with no personality.