Drive Jehu, thanks for writing that. I need ideas and insight also. I will be buying a new or used F6B in the next 4 to 8 months. I have been wanting one since 2013. I prefer the F6B set up over the full GW. I am struggling whether to buy a used 6B, or wait for the new one....this both from the financial side and knowing what ABS did for me in the past.

{ I used to be able to drag the saddle bags on my BMW K bike. I rode everywhere regardless of weather. More than once at night, behaving, and taking it easy, ABS kept me from going down. This happened when coming to a stop on roads where it was impossible to know how much friction was available etc.}

At 64 now, realizing that my skills will never be what they were, and to go down now, it will be much harder to heal... so doing everything to be safe makes so much sense!

Yet I know that the bike you ride is so great! Right now there are such awesome deals on low milage bikes. Saving over 10K is no small deal. ON the other hand, like many here say, the next bike will be the last. I just sold the last BMW I will ever own. I want a bike that is reliable and safe. I can wait about 4~8 months, save up, and pay cash for the new 6B with ABS. So its a hard decision. If it does have the Duo-Lever on the front, that is also an Incredible step forward in ride compliance, safety, increased fun factor. I weigh all of this against the fact that in 10 to 15 years I won't want to ride so much due to decreasing physical abilities. So I am thinking of getting the new 6B, and ride it into the ground so to speak. It should cost less to own over time... i am guessing.

Thoughts?