Quote Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
I know the feeling. Rode to a BMW rally some 1500 miles from home. Took 3 days to get there.
....... a day later, soon time to go home. There was a bloke there that pissed me off. Rather than going to jail, I packed my shit and started riding. The year was 1994, and I was on a 1994 BMW R1100RS. Rode and rode and road. Kept saying a little more. Stopped every 2.5 to 3 hrs for a small bite, and gas. 1,382 miles and 22.40 hours later I was home.
I have mentioned this before...I do not seem to be built for such extended periods of riding. Today, I rode 275 miles from my camp to Old Forge, and back on the NYS Thruway. My butt was getting sore every hour or so, to the point where I could go on but wanted to stop, stretch, to keep the ride enjoyable. I was glad to pull in the garage at 6:00pm, after starting my riding day at 11:30am.

My first 100 miles - no problem - after that, I feel the need to stop every 50 miles or so (perhaps every 80 miles on Interstate travel). All I need is a five minute break and I am good to go again.

I know guys that ride around the country, and have 500-600 mile days; I am afraid to go with them because I will either drive them nuts stopping every hour or be miserable except for the first couple of hours or so.