Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
As with any new product; sometimes flaws are not apparent until they have been used for awhile.

Save yourselves some grief and aggravation. Let others be the field be the unknowing beta testers for a year or two.
There is a lot of evidence to support what you and I are saying, despite the sentimentalism over a new product. It is a still a very new design and it is impossible to replicate the complete end user experience in any sort of practical manner for a for-profit company.

Check the reliability ratings of any all new design from any manufacturer...the first few years always have trouble spots. Even Honda. The first few years of the 3.5 V6 / automatic combination in the Accord and Odyssey minivans resulted in premature failures until they beefed up the transaxle to handle the power of that motor. The first five years of the VStar 1100s are to be avoided, due to starter motor failures. The first two years of the Apex snowmobile from Yamaha featured premature bushing failures due to lack of grease zerks to save weight, as well as broken support arms in the rear suspension that required a gusset to be welded in after a TSB. Our own F6Bs went through a small transmission redesign to address ghost shifting out of 5th gear.

And so on.

I am excited about the new GWs, and I am sure they will be great...but I will still wait for the inevitable issues that will need addressing as well as a couple of years worth of tweaks and upgrades and color options before laying down $31k in 2020.