Crypto Currency Experts ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crypto Currency Experts ?

This thread needs to be in the Off-Topic Forum.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

It was started by the ADMINISTRATOR. Take it up with him.

Still doesn’t mean it’s in the right place. I generally don’t read off-topic stuff as that’s not the reason I come to this forum. Oil is contentious enough for me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    It was started by the ADMINISTRATOR. Take it up with him.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Still doesn’t mean it’s in the right place. I generally don’t read off-topic stuff as that’s not the reason I come to this forum. Oil is contentious enough for me!!!!

The reason why I posted it in the General section was exactly for the reason that you stated that you don't generally visit the off topic section.
    Since this is a topic that many are not aware of I posted it here because so few visit the off topic section.
    I just wanted the maximum exposure. I have had my questions answered, Thank you all.
    I will move this to the off topic section, sorry if this inquiry offended anyone. Just seeking knowledge from as many people as possible.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Thanks Tony!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Bit Coins, Good! Don't trust this program? Well, do you trust banks and the "normal" financial system? I think Wall Street is crooked. JMO

Stock up on something much more in the coming future. Ammunition and toilet paper

This is what bothers me about investing in Bitcoin. I took a quote from Warren Buffet:

" Bitcoin is not backed by a company's earnings, or the strength of a government and rule of law. There's also no interest or dividends".

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Bitcoin Breach Results in $78M Loss

https://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2016/...itcoin-breach/

https://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2017/...&share-ad-id=1

Humm... I thought about them, but decided it was not for me. "They’re a digital currency. Therefore, there is nothing tangible about them. They have to be stored in a digital wallet. These “wallets” vary based on the type of device used (computer, phone, tablet, external hardwallet, etc.), and come with potential risks." a risk I personaly did not want to take. "Ultimately, it’s a risk. But aren’t all investments? Bitcoin value changes daily, similar to the stock market.

The second risk are the hackers. Cyber criminals know the value of one bitcoin. They know its value has skyrocketed. They also know this is a digital currency that is often kept on one’s devices. How convenient — hackers know how to hack into devices! Once the bitcoin is hacked, it’s gone.

The last risk is losing the bitcoin because of hardware failures. If your hard drive crashes and the data isn’t recoverable — neither is your bitcoin. Ouch! Or if you store your bitcoin on an external storage device and lose that device, it’s gone. That would be a hard pill to swallow.

Are you okay with those odds?"

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

BTC (bitcoin) is a strange concept to wrap one’s mind around. There are crypto currencies popping up all over now. I took a dive into IOTA which is a currency for the Internet of Things. Microsoft, Bosch, Volkswagen, Cisco and dozen more companies have jumped on that technology. It’s money I’m willing to lose, but the speculation can’t be denied.

BTC is like the U.S. dollar reserve for trading barrels of oil. Every other crypto is valued against BTC. BTC will be around a long time, but cashing it out is when the government will get you.
    It’s too hard at this point to strictly live on BTC. Still need cash. I don’t see BTC going to zero, but I can this crypto bubble pop when new technology in the future supplants it.

America seems to be inching toward a cashless society, still decades away, I think.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!