Which Wind Screen to Buy - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which Wind Screen to Buy

You can look well over the shield and still not experience turbulence, the two piece works that well. At 6'2" I have a 13 adjusted in the middle but notice little difference at any setting. I tried the 17 at first and it was much too tall to see over. You can do an exchange for shipping cost on the outer shield so it is not much. I bet you could use the 13 or 15 at 6'3".

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    How does it work for you at the highest setting when you are looking through it? Is the mild buffeting that you described completely gone at that point?
    Never set it to the highest setting as I hate looking through it.I adjusted the top screen back about another 3 degrees and buffeting is even better.So little that I will live with these settings for now.Nice thing is you can make a lot of adjustments to fit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    Great review! Does the 15" Madstad (in lowest setting) have about the same height as the 19" baggershield...as far as line of vision while sitting in the saddle? I have a 19 inch slip streamer now and just look over it. I'm 6'3 and don't want to be looking half through and half over, so I might go with the 13inch as long as I have 2-3 inches to adjust it up.
    Might be a hair higher then the 19" Baggershield but I still see over the top of it.13 or 15 will work for you.Remember I have a lot of torso height and I am at the lowest setting on the 15" with the stock saddle.I am staying with the 15" as in the spring I will be riding in to get a RDL saddle made for me and would like to raise it 2" or so from the stock saddle height so I will be able to raise the 15" up to fit my new riding height.Bottom line is in 45 plus years of riding tour style bikes with most being Goldwings this is by far the best performing windscreen I have ever been behind.

Thanks

Thanks for the write up and responses

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Might be a hair higher then the 19" Baggershield but I still see over the top of it.13 or 15 will work for you.Remember I have a lot of torso height and I am at the lowest setting on the 15" with the stock saddle.I am staying with the 15" as in the spring I will be riding in to get a RDL saddle made for me and would like to raise it 2" or so from the stock saddle height so I will be able to raise the 15" up to fit my new riding height.Bottom line is in 45 plus years of riding tour style bikes with most being Goldwings this is by far the best performing windscreen I have ever been behind.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    Tryed several also. Keeping madstad. Is it perfect? Nope. You get some wind in the face although its light but what you dont get is your head rattled from wind wrapping around from behind . Best sheild ive ever tryed. Like i said its not perfect but for me its better then the others
    Can you give me some of your stats? height, inseam, size shield you ordered. Seems you are only one mentioning wind in face. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    So i too have a baggershield but its the convertible deal, tried medium clockwerks, sent back, JUST got the 16 in sport touring, recurve, no help for buffeting and maybe worse the baggershield, sending back today. Looks like many i am sending up the white flag for the MS. I am looking for a shield that not only reduces buffeting....well can we talk about that? does everyone who says buffeting mean the wind that the shield is not deflecting period, or is buffeting dirty air, turbulent air, that bounces your head from side to side. The air I am getting from the 19inch bagger shield seams to be pretty clean, unless i am highway with semis in front of me, or hotter day with a lot of heat rising off the pavement...then i am getting bounced around pretty good. Anyway I am 6 foot with at 33 inseam. When i go under the full face helmet the wind is hitting the top third of my helmet causing a lot of wind noise in helmet. So...I want to take that away and I want my wife more comfortable on the back. She is having to lean forward right now at highway speeds because her wind is twice what I feel at a normal sitting position. I am very cool with adjusting and looking thru the shield when she is on back. Someone said on this thread that the adjustments really dont change the air flow? which seems odd... I am nervous to go with the 13 but sounds like I may be looking thru the 15 at lowest position? please let me know how your passenger likes your 15, and any other comments on above. If you were 2 inches shorter, do you think you would be looking thru the 15 at the lowest level, even if you straightened your back a little more? thanks on all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wavalk View Post
    Madstad has a cyber monday sale today. $40.00 dollars off. Still a pricey shield, but I pulled the plug. I'm not too crazy about the look, but have heard nothing but positive reviews on its performance.
    can you give me some stats on you and which MS you ordered, and let us know what you think? thanks!!

any other MS passenger reviews much appreciated!!

ask 20 people

Ask 20 people, you'll get 20 different answers Happens with, windshield, oil, filters & tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Can very well be the helmet turbulence. That Shoei X-14 is not a touring helmet designed for a upward posture. It is a race helmet designed to be tucked and angled down. Hence why the ventilation is better tucked. Shoei does make a touring helmet designed for a more upward rider position called "Qwest". A world of difference just from the design and intended rider.
    Unfortunately I also have a Qwest but the same result. BTW I sometimes ride a naked bike (my 1975 GL100) and don't have any buffeting at all.