Possible concern for 2018 engines - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible concern for 2018 engines

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Hmmm from the same people that sent some of the bikes out with less than the specified amount of lubricant?
    There are manufacturers who's bikes leaked lubricants onto their Show Room floors! They learned to fill "crank cases and secondaries" only after the bikes were being delivered to the customers

Yeah, true that. I do have more faith in Honda than H-D😄

Hopefully Honda does better than the Harley-Davidson bean counter that discontinued crank bushings for cost in 2011/2012 on the TC 96, 103 and 110 engines. Many owners had engine noise complaints on later engines and HD response was increased tolerances without bushings. They wouldn’t do anything unless the engine blew. The HD executive retired after touting the amount he saved the company. Of course he got paid a percentage of the bottom line so he didn’t care. He just squeezed a savings to make the bottom line look better.

Just look at all the small outdoor power equipment, chain saws, trimmers ect: All aluminum piston & cylinders in an air cooled engine running around 12,000 rpms.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Just look at all the small outdoor power equipment, chain saws, trimmers ect: All aluminum piston & cylinders in an air cooled engine running around 12,000 rpms.
    Yes, however I just blew up my 2 year old "Lightly used" STIHL chain saw that I paid around $170. The repair with parts is around $150

All aluminum, maybe I have a unit built on a Friday late afternoon or early Monday morning.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Yes, however I just blew up my 2 year old "Lightly used" STIHL chain saw that I paid around $170. The repair with parts is around $150.

Always look at the "emission compliant rating" tag on any new 2 strokes. They have 3 ratings 50 hour, 150 hour and 300 hour. Now these numbers are actually a compliancy rating, but keep in mind that the sooner they are out of compliance the sooner they will wear out.

Many Chains Saws, Trimmers and Blowers only have a 50 hour rating.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Hopefully Honda does better than the Harley-Davidson bean counter that discontinued crank bushings for cost in 2011/2012 on the TC 96, 103 and 110 engines. Many owners had engine noise complaints on later engines and HD response was increased tolerances without bushings. They wouldn’t do anything unless the engine blew. The HD executive retired after touting the amount he saved the company. Of course he got paid a percentage of the bottom line so he didn’t care. He just squeezed a savings to make the bottom line look better.
    I know the epc story well.
    I don't think Honda is so ivory towered.
    Now that Willy is gone from HD, all that is left is the bean counters.
    I predict tits up next 5 years.
    This last engine (M8) is a POS by any measuring stick at all.
    it will just help them to the BR court quicker.
    IDC anymore.
    They have not been loyal to me, and now i am not to them.
    They do however sell a very nice wardrobe of stuff at very inflated prices if one is stupid enough to buy them.
    i cannot imagine wanting to be their walking talking billboards.