Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
If you've never experienced a legitimate drone, it is an unbelievable nuisance. I test rode a 2013 that had one. I bought a 2016 that doesn't. A constant resonant frequency is headache inducing water torture. Like amplified unceasing tinnitus, except in the case of the B, instead of a high resonant frequency, it's low enough to fill your whole head. I don't know if it's endemic to the earlier models or if it's bike specific. But if mine had it and I couldn't fix it by changing the exhaust, then I would be selling it, too. As to it being too heavy, I guess I can understand. It's a full figured bike. But to me she handles SO easily. Love the low center of gravity and horizontally opposed engine. And Ergomot makes an electric wind screen setup for a pretty penny. So does Windbender. I'm thinking of adding the Ergomot to my Mad5tad so I can run a lower screen all the time.

Anyway, bikes are usually about enjoyment rather than practicality in our fortunate country, so if you're not maximally satisfied, then ALL THE BEST in whatever bike you find. When you decide, you should put in 1,000 miles or so and come back and talk about pros and cons. It's always good to hear about differentiation. Take care!!!

Jason
I have a 2013. I experienced serious, unimaginable, and unbearable drone when I put some Rush 4" pipes on. I had them on 30 minutes and took them off and sold them. My 2013 with the stock exhaust doesn't have any drone. I just put a Ma&%$t shield on, and all I can hear is road noise now. I wear a full face helmet most of the time, though. I wish the bike had a little rumble or something when I wear a half or 3/4 helmet. I don't like the road noise and clanking noises I hear on the road, so I listen to music via bluetooth in my helmet, but I don't have any drone issues.