How do you pack your bagger?

Thread: How do you pack your bagger?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have a GIVI top trunk that will hold my CPAP and a few other small items. Small Strap on bag on the passenger seat. I can easily get 3 days worth of clothes in the side bags with zippered liners. If I'm gonna be gone longer I pull a small trailer that only weights maybe 100lbs empty.
    Wish I had a reverse. Kinda new to long distance riding but getting some miles in this year.
    I see some of the riding gear mentioned here has zip in water proof liners. Will be getting some of those soon.
    Never really did long distance till this year. The reason for the 2013 B I got in March.
    I am just amazed at how well suited it is for highway cruising.
    I'll travel one way or the other till I can't!
    ITS ALL GOOD

I'm setting off in August for 2 months with my gal. We need to be self sufficient in everything from 5 degrees C to 35 C, rain or shine with camping gear to boot.. also need some reasonably formal clothes for nights on the town and touristy shit... Believe it or not, with the addition of an old tour pac, we're set. Did a trial pack and everything is internal, except our self inflating sleeping mats, which must be strapped on the rack on top of the trunk. We have more space than my buddy with his full 'wing.

Pre-flight report....

I'm loaded up and ready for a 6-day trip from Olympia, WA to Grand Tetons (via Lolo Pass). Everything I need is packed into two saddlebag liner bags that allow a little bit of room fore and aft to "scrunch" in some soft stuff like tote bag for rain suit.

Saddlebag Liner Bag w-extra.jpg

A tool kit, some bottles of water and misc necessities such as cigars and extra gloves are in a round tail rack bag from Saddlemen. I'm figuring on one possible load of wash on D-4 and luckily the forecast is stable across all days so I don't have to pack a lot of extra clothing to "be ready."

I thought I was going to have to use my Saddlemen "Tunnel bag", but don't need it! (And it should be noted that I'm packing my small CPAP machine in one of the Liner Bags.

Barrel Bag - Rear Rack.jpg

Over the years... I've learned to "pack light" and when traveling with a group, we divide up things like First Aid Kits, 12v compressor, etc. so we're not doubling-up.

One thing I'd love some feedback on is what "cargo net" people are using to strap things down on the passenger seat. The stylish, but odd shape of the grab rails isn't "Hook friendly."
    Last edited by OlyF6B; 06-25-2018 at 08:16 PM.