Quote Originally Posted by KevinT View Post
So, I got my new-to-me 2015 in yesterday, and was able
to look over it a little. I have a few questions....
I'll provide an input to you based upon my experience:

1) What's the little square next to the cubby lock on the
right fairing?
  • Nothing there on your bike, but it is a great place to install a number of switches, lights, etc. I installed a voltmeter and the LED for my Gorilla alarm there.

2) What's under the cover in the right fairing, and why
isn't there more storage there?
  • Provides access to the radiator cap. If your bike has cruise control module, it is mounted there also. (The older GL1800's had storage there and the cruise control module was under the top cover below the radio unit, but the cruise had electronic leakage resulting in a hum on some bikes into the radio -- I had shielded my unit on by 2002 by wrapping it in aluminum foil.) There is a little room under there. I installed my Gorilla alarm unit there since I do not have to access it.

4) What does a clutch job usually run? This thing definitely
needs a clutch.
  • Did you check the clutch fluid? Clutch lever need adjusting? I would be surprised that the clutch would need replaced unless it was really abused. I put 154k+ miles on my 2002 GL1800 and never an issue with the clutch. I totaled by 2002 and now have a 2016 F6B Deluxe.

5) Is the intercom cable a powered line? I will never utilize it.
  • Not an issue. Just turn the intercom off by pressing the INTERCOM button and holding until the intercom is not displayed on the screen.

6) Following the instructions, I can't get to the screen to
customize the "opening ceremony" sequence. Am I missing a trick?
  • They can be finicky sometimes. I did in on my 2002 but haven't done it on my F6B.