Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
My whistle is constant and reliable at 40+ mph. It was not there on my Tulsa. Very frustrating.
Received the GL1800 Base with F6B mounting holes Friday and fitted it to my Bike this morning (Saturday). It's a good fit and all Base dimensions are within 1/8" of the unit I have. Did have a good bit of chaffing on the front center of the Base from shipping. Was able to buff that out using Kit scratch & haze remover with a good bit of elbow grease. Seems I had some chaffing on my unit too. I'll mention that to Mark at Madstad. Anyway tried to pack the unit better for the trip to F6BPDX, will ship Monday.

I must be a bit slow but after having the Base on & off so many times it's pretty clear that Honda engineers intended there to be a gap between the Dash and the backside of a conventional windshield. Vents in the top Faring cover allow air to enter flowing up and behind a conventional shield (or in our case the Madstad base). I don't see any other reason for the front faring vent or the intentional gap Honda engineers designed between the Dash & back side of a conventional shield. The gap is not due to a sloppy fit but rather looks like it's intentional due to the design. So it seems the Honda engineers intended to let air flow up the back side of a conventional shield in a manner similar to how the Madstad functions.

In any event back to the Whistle F6BPDX is experiencing. I mentioned I have an intermittent Whistle like squeak due to the Base rubbing against the dash where F6BPDX has a constant Whistle. Definitely sounds like two different issues. Since I don't have any type of constant Whistle I'm cautiously optimistic the new Base will change wind flow characteristics enough to eliminate F6BPDX's Whistle issue?