TO DELUXE OR NOT DELUXE - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TO DELUXE OR NOT DELUXE

For me personally, the only must-have in the deluxe package is the center stand. As others have mentioned, that can be added fairly easily to the standard model. In colder weather, I have enjoyed the heated grips and the self-cancelling turns have been satisfactory. To my way of thinking, the deluxe package would have been a clearer choice if electronic cruise control was in the package.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    For me personally, the only must-have in the deluxe package is the center stand. As others have mentioned, that can be added fairly easily to the standard model. In colder weather, I have enjoyed the heated grips and the self-cancelling turns have been satisfactory. To my way of thinking, the deluxe package would have been a clearer choice if electronic cruise control was in the package.
    cx turn signals are great for old people and those who like to perform loooog signal test.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Close Neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    HI EVERYONE I AM WONDERING ABOUT WHICH MODEL I WOULD BUY.

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEATED GRIPS ON ANY BIKE BEFORE. I LIKE THE SELF CANCELLING TURNS

BUT THAT ALONE WONT MAKE THE DEAL. BUT NO CRUISE WOULD LEAN ME TOWARDS

BREAKAWAY THROTTLE LOCK (SAFEST IMO) AND WILL NOT WORK WITH HEATED GRIPS. THOUGHTS?

CAN FACTORY HEATED GRIPS BE INSTALLED AFTER THE FACT? IF EVER INSTALL A ELECTRONIC C.C.

AND WHAT ABOUT PASS BACKREST FOR MOMMA, CAN THAT BE ADDED SEPARATELY?

I AM STILL WAITING TO TEST RIDE ONE BUT AM PRETTY CONFIDENT I WILL BUY ONE IN FACT JUST POSTED VTX

FOR SALE?
    I live approximately 14 miles from you in Madison Twp. I regularly attend Bike Nights at Damon's in Clarks Summit and Quaker State Lube on Commerce Blvd. in Dickson City! I'm attaching a thread I penned 3 months into my ownership of the F6b. Now, ten months after taking delivery of my bike, from North American Warhorse, I would have say the 6 is the best motorcycle I've ever owned and that included a 2002 VTX 1800C. IMHO you would not regret you purchase of either the Basic or Basic Delux.

Here's my original post/thread!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B

I bought the deluxe and I'm happy that I did. It all boils down to choices buy what you want ride it like you stole it!
    Ok he's done

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Opinions are like....

Just another opinion here. I upped my ride from a Harley Softail to the F6B. I got the Deluxe because I actually WANTED the heated grips and self-cancelling turn signals.

I didn't know how easy it is to mod this bike, having been in the Harley-it-costs-$1,000-to-do-anything world for a while. Never had a center stand since I was 10 years old and had a scooter with one.

Opinion now: I have come to LOVE those heated grips. My mid-sixty hands enjoy that feature as I ride into work with toasty digits. No gloves could give me that warmth.

The centerstand is just delightful! Still learning to trust parking this beast on not-so-level surfaces, so I'm not even sure about using it outside the garage, but once Cruiseman showed me how easy it is to rock it off, I'm good with it on level spots. (I'm 5'4" female, just so ya know how intimidating that was for me!).

You'll find backrests for sale (OEM) if you get the standard and want to add and modify the bike. (I am selling mine, e.g.)

So that's my opinion--I'm not telling you what to do, just saying why I made the choice I did. If I had it to do again, and since the 2013 prices are dropping, I'd STILL get the Deluxe.
    "If it moves, paint it."

I have the deluxe, and would buy the deluxe again.

I have never gotten on my bike and thought "Man! I really wish I DIDN'T have _______."

I bought a standard and added a backrest thinking it wouldn't be that much. Backrest then mounts,just over $500. and still don't have a center stand or heated grips.the $1k difference don't look so bad from my point of view.

I had planned on buying a std and just adding a ctr stand (trike shops), which was the only option I really wanted. But a used Deluxe came up and that's what I got.

Note: If you plan on adding any of the fact options and/or a cargo rack (requires pass backrest mount) add it to the price of base model and it might pay to buy the Deluxe or not.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

I bought the Deluxe with a few mods, including new custom paint, and the dealer" thru-in" the lower cowl fog lamps as they were already on the bike I chose...Love the center stand so far...Had all the other stuff on my Vision so nothing new....Probably covered his cost on the fog lights with the cost of the paint job, but I am happy, and that is all that really matters......

Happily modding my standard at my own pace. Didn't want heated grips because internal workings that fowl up at the wrong time suck swamp water. Still had the Gerbings heated gloves that I used with my VS 950 and enjoy the fact that the heat surrounds the fingers and the tops are as warm as the bottoms. Great range of variable heat as well.