Quote Originally Posted by Blotar View Post
doesn't the I-Beam crush the belly pan at the parting line on the engine? And what about the wiggle side to side. (shims?)
I went to a huge effort to put a hoist in the ceiling and I really would like to use it, but it may be foolish with the F6B.
Blotar
Blotar, the I-beam does NOT crush the belly pan...and ironically...I am using the stainless steel belly pan that has the louvers in it. When my bike is on this lift, the bike is absolutely rock solid. No wiggle from side to side at all. I have used floor lifts...normal motorcycle lifts, for many years, and none of them were as solid as this, for lifting a bike, or for how the bike feels on the lift.

Now, I am not expecting that you are going to go out and buy a automotive style 9000 lb. asymetrical arm car lift. I would think you can do what the vast majority of other riders do, and buy a floor motorcycle lift, that can slide under the bike, and lift the bike up 2 feet in the air. That is what most people use to change tires, etc.

As for using your ceiling hoist to lift this 900 lb. bike, that may be extreme. And as you wondered, where would you lift the bike from?
Now that I see the ceiling hoist you have, and the 24" laminated beam, that is very strong, but...WHY lift a bike like that.

Your next question you pose is...what about lifting the bike for all the other stuff you need to install. To be honest, there is NO need to raise this bike...at all...to install 99% of the accessories we all buy.

For $ 50.00 to $ 250.00 you can buy a good motorcycle floor lift, that will suit 93.13149 % of the needs you have.

If your new belly pan is installed correctly, there will NOT be a problem sliding a motorcycle floor lift under it, and lifting this bike.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb...ift-60636.html

I also have one of these, as I have several bikes, and I use this one to store one of the bikes in the straight up position, for Winter storage.