She's here ! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: She's here !

Concerning the dead battery at delivery. I removed the left side/battery cover panel, thank God I didn't break any tabs. Removed the +/- on the battery, have it on a 2 amp charge till tomorrow morning. I purchased a Dellran Battery Tender Junior , will install the leads on the battery tomorrow and plug it in. Below you will find (2) pics of the side cover, the backside with the tabs highlighted and the front w/the approximate placing of the tabs. Hopefully this will help the next guy/gal, having to remove that cover.

Dealership let down.

Well here it is, (4) days after my boys dropped my bike off, Saturday morning, and I found the battery was dead after I got home, after it spent the night in a trailer at appx -10. It did start in the dealership and they road it in the trailer, but it had to be real weak. Am I wrong in thinking they should have checked that after sitting in the showroom who knows how long. Thing that gets me is I called them Sat morning and probably talked to about (3) of them , including the main salesman, not the guy that sold it to me, and know one seamed particularly concerned, not once did anyone say, what can we do for you. So like most of us would do, I asked questions on the forum, got answers, thanks, downloaded the Owners manual, pulled the Tupperware, put it on a charger, bought a Battery tender and in time, started it up. Called back on Monday to question them on the possibilities of issues w/the battery dead and it cold out, pretty sure that nothing was wrong but wanted to hear their response, again, no concern, no oh we are sorry that happened, just really no concern at all. I even asked them to have the general manager, the guy who sold the bike to me to please call me, it's Tuesday evening and no call. Again , am I wrong in think that I just spent a bunch of money at your dealership and you send me a bike w.maybe 1 1/2 gallons of gas in it, come on, it's not a damn dually, f'ing fill it up.

Well I'm done ranting, for the moment anyway, I will give someone a day or two to call me back and if not...

There are a lot of good Honda dealerships and a lot of bad ones out there.You are not happy and I am with you all the way.If they do not call you back thats good for you.Give them no more of your business.Anyway & from NJ
    Ride it like you stole it

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I LOVE the horn.
    It's so much fun reading your discovery moments with your new toy, Choptop. *snert

I ought to add, that you might keep a running tally on your "relationship" with your 70-miles-away dealership, because mother Honda doesn't like its franchises to be so inattentive to its customers. You may not get satisfactory service and response at that dealership, and there is something you can do. Take names, note dates and times, topics not resolved--in other words, document everything.

I once had to stand in a dealership and shout out that no one should talk to any of the sales people on the floor until they had a chat with me. I only said that out loud twice before they had me in a room with the high mucky-mucks getting answers to the issues I had. (Truck shorted in the brakes, caused a fire, no answers, no replacement--only had 620 miles... etc.)
    "If it moves, paint it."

Fun reading about the new discoveries, As Miles said. Put a little lube on those tabs before reinstall. I used dielectric grease ( it was handy at the time ) And find a new dealer!!!!!! On the bright side, you likely wont need one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Fun reading about the new discoveries, As Miles said. Put a little lube on those tabs before reinstall. I used dielectric grease ( it was handy at the time ) And find a new dealer!!!!!! On the bright side, you likely wont need one anyway.
    Part of the reason that I bought the bike was because of it's reliability record and the reason that I bought from the dealer that I did was because they had what I wanted, when I wanted it. None of what has happened is that big of a thing, but it is a thing that should not have happened. I wish to hold them accountable. As of this morning I still had not received a call back from the Sales manager, he may have not received the message, who knows. I sent a email to him that I got off their web page. I won't spend a bunch of money, have inferior service and not hold them to some form of accountability.

My wait is over

Attachment 4431
    A simple phone call to check stock and now look what i dun did
    .Attachment 4432
    uhaul kept both bikes clean for both voyages
    p.s. accessories already on order.

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    Attachment 4431
    .Attachment 4432
    Very Cool
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    Attachment 4431
    .Attachment 4432
    What dealership did your purchase your new toy from?

The bike looks great! Make sure you apply several coats of Liquid Glass to the paint. Follow the directions on the can and you may be able to avoid the dreaded "swirl marks".

Safe Riding

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Part of the reason that I bought the bike was because of it's reliability record and the reason that I bought from the dealer that I did was because they had what I wanted, when I wanted it. None of what has happened is that big of a thing, but it is a thing that should not have happened. I wish to hold them accountable. As of this morning I still had not received a call back from the Sales manager, he may have not received the message, who knows. I sent a email to him that I got off their web page. I won't spend a bunch of money, have inferior service and not hold them to some form of accountability.
    You sure would think at least they would say sorry, forgot to charge the battery up since it had been sitting for quite a while.
    We hear similar stories like that every day from people with every type of bike. Most places are good, a few have employees that are just there for a job and thats about it.

It will get better gauranteed, the reliabilty on this bike is sky high compared to some.

But on another note you have a Mustang seat going out to you on Monday. The other person on the Forum that took the extra discount will have his seat go out on Monday also.