Getting bike on center stand?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting bike on center stand?

Getting bike on center stand?

Just a couple of days of Deluxe ownership and really impressed with this bike. But there must be a trick I'm not aware of for getting the bike on the center stand. It's really difficult for me and now I have a very sore sole on my right foot from stepping on the stand to put it up. The owners manual says to step on the stand with right foot while pulling up on passenger hand rail. My technique must be off because it's taking a lot of force and a little rocking for me to get it on the stand. Any thoughts?

I just watched the cuiseman goldwing video for this maneuver on YouTube. Maybe it will help.

I have to say, being this is my first goldwing ever, putting this beast up on the center stand at first was no easy task. Took me about 4 times just to get it right. Then practiced it every day. Now its like putting it on the kickstand, second nature. You'll get it though. Glad you watched his video. It does help.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Agree. I had a little trouble when I first got the F6B also.But now A LOT EASIER.You will get it just keep practicing.As long as the bike is not crashing on its side when you are trying you must be doing it half right
    Ride it like you stole it

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Dang Steve, Several to chose from and you pick the one with the rider wearing blue skivvies and scratchin his azz???

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Wear good shoes. I'm a little different as I tend to position myself a more parallel to the bike than perpendicular.
    I don't 100% STAND on the centerstand,,, Left foot doesn't leave the ground,,, Standing parallel to the bike seems to enable me to easily pull up and back on the grab-rail

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Dang Steve, Several to chose from and you pick the one with the rider wearing blue skivvies and scratchin his azz???
    Just like Steve's Muth Mirror video.Walking around shirtless shooting the video. Probably wearing his Florida flip flops & skivvies
    Ride it like you stole it

This has been discussed before but my suggestion is to put a 1/2" thick board (or in my case, a section of rubber mat) on the floor to get your rear wheel to ride up on. Just that little bit of height difference makes putting the bike on the center stand much easier.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Sorry......I could not stop myself !!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com