Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
From your report why don't you just run the stock shield? I am also 5'10" and wear a full face. With the stock shield the wind hits me at about neck height, no buffet (movement) just wind noise negated by ear plugs or ear buds. Nice breeze through my helmet vents and some to my jacket. The madstad reports have been very positive but lean towards "still air" and "wind protection" so I'm not sure that will help your ventilation issue.
I think I have the perfect, for me, solution to the wind protection/ventilation issue. I run the Madstad which is great on protection and, I feel, still allows adequate ventilation. I also have the Baker Hand Wings. In one position, I have even more protection. In another, I can direct a real blast of air right at me. I like the LD Comfort long sleeved underwear shirt for hot weather riding. It acts like a swamp cooler when air is directed up my jacket sleeves and the jacket is vented only at the throat. I've actually gotten a chill when riding in over 100 degree weather. I had poured a bit of water on the shirt for that effect. The Hand Wings do a good job of directing the air to the sleeves.