No love for the stock mini shield.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No love for the stock mini shield.

No love for the stock mini shield.

The small stock shield gets no love. But I like it. Although, I use a full face helmet so that helps. I really like the unconstructed view of the road and the cool look of the bike. Anyone else like this configuration? Here is my 6 after an twilight local ride tonight. Very refreshing.

I also like the stock shorty.I got my F6B in June and used the shorty all year until it got cold.Then used the BaggerShield for Nov and Dec.I now have the electric WindBender and have the best of both worlds.Drop it low for the summer and raise it up when its cold out
    Ride it like you stole it

wind buffeting

Do you get wind buffeting with the short wind screen? I have not picked up my bike yet, I have been look at wind shields as I also wear a full face when riding

My stocker came off within three weeks of buying the Bagger and installed the BaggerShield which I love!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    1951vbs likes the OEM shield.

Shield size

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    My stocker came off within three weeks of buying the Bagger and installed the BaggerShield which I love!
    What size shield did you go with?

I really liked the stock shield at first. It's great with a full face helmet. Nothing but clean buffet free air (unless you're behind a semi). But the drawback is not being able to hear the radio very well, if at all. For my commuting I like to wear a half helmet so I can hear my radio well and drink coffee or water, so I prefer a taller shield. My current favorite is a used GW shield that I cut down to 15 inches high. It's low enough to see over but also wider to keep ear buffeting to a minimum.

I will put the stocker back on for some rides this summer. I like being able to switch back and forth.

Baggershield without the top section on is great and I could use the top section if the need comes up. I did not like the look of the fasteners or the upper section so I tried it with out first.
    I went to hardware store got some cool black covers for the holes. windshield seems just right for me I am 6 foot tall. The extra width really helps with the noise in the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I really liked the stock shield at first. It's great with a full face helmet. Nothing but clean buffet free air (unless you're behind a semi). But the drawback is not being able to hear the radio very well, if at all. For my commuting I like to wear a half helmet so I can hear my radio well and drink coffee or water, so I prefer a taller shield. My current favorite is a used GW shield that I cut down to 15 inches high. It's low enough to see over but also wider to keep ear buffeting to a minimum.

I will put the stocker back on for some rides this summer. I like being able to switch back and forth.
    It's not a commuter for me, just weekend pleasure rides, very little interstate. So, the little shield opens the road up for me without needing the full wing living room bubble. Even with the 11" baggershield I have, the radio sounds terrible any any reasonable speed. Only good for talk radio. So I use in ear buds wired into the intercom/radio for my iPod.

On the other hand, I am looking for a bigger shield for cold weather ops or for long touring. I'm planning a long BRP trek and would use the big shield for that. But for warmer weekend day trips, I'm liking the shortie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    Took you 3 weeks huh ... my shield came off before I left the dealer ... i brought my purchased bagger shield with me to the dealer and had them install it. Done! I love it .. i can ride low when i'm in the city ... and ride high when I hit the road ...