Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
Which brings us to another potential factor. Pressure.

Cannot overstress the importance of an accurate Gauge. I have 2-3 'pencil' gauges and (3) dial gauges now.

Story goes like this:

Bought my 2nd dial gauge specifically for MC applications. (Straight stems on the previous bike were easier to check with a dial type w/short hose and 90 degree chuck.) Gauge had very good reviews,,, Long story short, I recently bought a 'stubby' dial gauge for my lil sister to carry in her car. Noticed it read 4 lbs higher than my 'highly rated' MC gauge. Compared the MC gauge to my 'assortment' of gauges,,, yep, my MC gauge was reading 4 lbs LOW, causing over-inflation.

Pressures:

Honda says 36F 41R. Many here swear by 40/40.

I was inadvertently running 44/44 up until a month ago,,, the ride felt like bias ply tires,,,

A true 40/40 was a much better ride. (No sheet Sherlock!!! LOL!!)

Experimenting w/ 38F/40R now. The 38 takes a little of the 'expansion joint jolt' outta the front.

Moral of this story??? Cross-check yer gauges!!!
Checked my gauges this morning. Every one of them gives a different reading. So while I thought the pressure is correct. Now I have no idea? Is there an accurate gauge?First going to play with pressures and see if it matters.Then I'll go from there.............Dickie