Sold the Harley - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sold the Harley

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Why does it seem like a lot of the threads on here are "either/or" with F6B and anything else?
    Am I the only one who loves the F6B but is thinking about getting a 2nd bike because I miss the chrome and the thrum of a big V-Twin sometimes?

Rob, sounded like you sure liked that Glide and had a hard time letting her go. I wouldn't be surprised if you're thinking about her hard a few months from now ...

I understand that it's tough to keep two expensive bikes, though, believe me. I don't know how in the hell I'd pull it off, especially with the wife
    Yup true enough! I watched it pull out tonight but had 17,000 in hand and feel that I am going to put serious miles on the 6. I am very fortunate and signed 4 very nice contracts that won't pay for 60 days at least. I am going to lend my business this cash because I need a bunch right now. Yes I'm a bit sad but, I also know the value of operating capitol. I will miss her but oh man do I have a sweet ride still…If I really want another HD …I'll buy one but I think I will be Okay!!
    If I had to sell with no other ride I would cry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    The problem I had when I owned 2 bikes was you will always have a favorite.The other bike will just sit there collecting more dust then you will be riding it.Having a F6B and a Glide I can not see having 2 baggers.For me it would be the F6B for my weekend rides and a stripped down bare bones motorcycle for my local bike nights
    Yep, I have a VFR800 that I really enjoyed and don't like to think of parting with, but honestly I am going to grab the keys for the F6 99/100 times probably. It's just that the Candy Red 2007 with ABS was exactly the model I wanted and I'd hate to think after selling it that I wanted another because they aren't particularly easy to find.

I love my F6B but I keep thinking it would be fun to have a Sportster on the side to play with, I've always wanted one. Not sure when but if I find the right deal I'll make it happen.

Sold the Harley

Sold a '11 HD Street Glide with 107" FuelMoto engine upgrade. It was a beast! Love the F6B!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Hmm,,, If no other concerns/desires, I might like a quad and the 6,,,, Another MC? Eh, even if I had room for one, it would have to be 'completely different', and would probably not get ridden much,,,

When I had multiple bikes, I rode one, wife had her favorite, and the third became a towel rack to dry the wet towels after drying off the the bikes we rode. That has happened to several of my friends. Had my wife not rode, I could have had two towel racks. I guess some owners manage to split time between toys, I just found I always had a favorite and there was no need to have another expensive toy sitting around taking up space, depreciating, and costing insurance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]