trailer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trailer

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Just talked to the Owner, it is a 2002 Bushtech, small crack in lower back fender, can see in pic, and he needs to put a new lock on it. It's about 5 hours from me. He bought 7 years ago, selling because he can't tow it w/his new street glide. Is it worth considering ?
    It's about an hour from me. If you need someone to pick it up for you and sit on it for a few weeks until you can get it just let me know.

Chop check and see bushtec trailers use air bags to compensate for various loads. Might not hold air sounds xpensive to repair. Have heard both good and bad good luck.p.s. tailwind trrailers are 7000+ dollars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Am still looking for a trailer, have (1) '94 Bushtec Turbo 2,w/in 60 miles of me, original owner,spare tire, cooler, maybe a couple of other things, very good shape, asking $1,500.00. A '95 Roadstar, 7 hours away, picture looks good and guy says it has a few stone chips..., asking $1,800.00, lets face it, they are both 20 years old, have to expect some things. I would have to repaint either one, to black of course, the fastest trailer color. I lean towards the Roadstar, I like the style, but the Turbo 2 is so close. Input please. Thanks in advance.

You guys that have trailer hitches, mine is lowered 1", will that play into me running into problems w/a trailer hitch ?

Choptop, are you checking Minneapolis Craigslist? There are several on there now for under $2,000.

One inch drop should not cause an issue....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCitiesRider View Post
    Choptop, are you checking Minneapolis Craigslist? There are several on there now for under $2,000.
    Yes, have talked a couple of times w/the gentleman w/the Bushtec turbo, have not seen yet. The only other one I like is the Bushtec roadstar but it is to much money.

Are you only interested in Bushtec trailers?

When I was researching trailers, Bushtec was one of the best, if not the best, but expensive. One comment I read and heard was that keeping the air suspension at the proper setting for the load was an annoyance.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Bushtec

I have towed three different brands/types of trailers in my days and in my opinion (And we all know about those) Bushtec trailer I still have and use is the best.
    VALK 001.jpgDSCF0034.jpg

Looked at a '98 Roadstar last week, pretty good shape, has cooler, but I would need to paint it to match the trailer, Guy was asking $2,200. Said he would let it go for $1,880., I offered $1,700.. he want's $1,750.00... The $50.00 is not that big of a thing but by the time I spend $550.00 to have it prepped and painted w/clear coat I am into it for $2,300.00 and it still is not perfect. I can get a new Roadstar from Bushtec, bra in front, black, cooler, no clear, just your basic for $3,300 + whatever and it would be new. Their is a thousand dollors difference their and maybe used/painted is da way to go...

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Looked at a '98 Roadstar last week, pretty good shape, has cooler, but I would need to paint it to match the trailer, Guy was asking $2,200. Said he would let it go for $1,880., I offered $1,700.. he want's $1,750.00... The $50.00 is not that big of a thing but by the time I spend $550.00 to have it prepped and painted w/clear coat I am into it for $2,300.00 and it still is not perfect. I can get a new Roadstar from Bushtec, bra in front, black, cooler, no clear, just your basic for $3,300 + whatever and it would be new. Their is a thousand dollors difference their and maybe used/painted is da way to go...
    2014 model .....
    New Tires, New wheel bearings, New materials, New warranty, "0" wear and tear, factory painted, no damage, YOUR time wasted to fix old unit to acceptable yet NOT New condition, YOUR time and fuel wasted looking for a used trailer ..... blah blah blah

This old 1998 trailer is not worth more than $1,500 in my eyes.

I would go for the NEW unit for peace of mind and it's not 16 years old that would compromise the re-sale value. Just my 2 cents

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.