Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
Hmm,
I can set my NC mirror mounted deflectors so heat isn't fully flushed out, and I can set 'em so the heat is flushed out, so I'm not sure what's occurring.

Did you have a Madstad on the GL 1800? If not, don't replicate what you did on the GL and expect 'similar' occurrences with your Madstad - equipped 6... Not because the 'Stad is bad, but because the wind flows a bit-different,,,

Not sure that there is a huge difference in the mirrors, but the shelter / cowling by the rads on a GL is wider/more flared than the F6B

Do you have highway pegs or a ragin' case of bow-leg???
I had NC mirror deflectors on the F6B and the GL. Are you referring to heat on your shins or upper legs and body. I was referring to my shins area.

I had the stock WS on the GL. I really like my MadStad WS. Very quiet and no buffeting, unless it is very windy or I am in a lot of traffic. And even then, it is minimal.

I have noticed a difference in the air coming around the mirrors and hitting my hands on the two bikes. I was guessing it may effect the mirror air deflector's air flow. I did not know those parts were different on the two bikes. I thought they were just painted different.

Standard pegs. It was only on my shins that I noticed the increased heat. Maybe I noticed it more because I had on shorts, instead on my normal riding pants. But the difference was quite noticeable.

Thanks for the reply. If I remember correctly, you were also experiencing some change in the air flow from the MadStad with the mirror deflectors. What was you final opinion?