Windbender ST17 or F4Custom 18" w vent...???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windbender ST17 or F4Custom 18" w vent...???

Windbender ST17 or F4Custom 18" w vent...???

Too many damn options!!!!Time for a new windshield... Took the bike out the last 2 days for extended rides and my neck is killing me from moving around and trying to see over the windshield. I have the baggershield adjustable 11-19" and it's either too short without the extension or too tall with it. I need a shield at bout 17 or maybe 18" above the rubber to see over the top. Looking at the Windbender ST17 (don't know about the HP because I don't like bugs hitting me in the face!) or maybe the f4 custom 18" w vent...too many options to choose from!! Gotta get this fixed before Colorado!! Any experience with either of these?? or any other options in this height range?

Thanks!

How tall are you, what is your inseam, stock seat?

You do not necessarily need a tall WS to keep the bugs from hitting you. I am 5'11"-6', a 30 inseam, and a stock seat. I have a 13" MadStad WS. It is quiet, no buffeting, and it is rare that a bug hits me and I am looking over the top edge of the WS 3-4". I have not owned a Windbender but I would guess that the Windbender with the rake kit works in a similar manner.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

I'm bout the same size u are...5'10, 30" inseam w stock seat...thought bout that option too, just didn't know if it would be high enough for me or not

If your only complaint with the baggershield is with the height you might try cutting the top section down, it's not that hard to do.

I'm 5' 11" and I highly recommend the Windbender! I love mine. It's similar to the Madstad but doesn't tilt forward unless you buy the extra hardware, but I don't need it. I have the 11 inch HPS and it works great. It adjusts up to an actual 16 inches when measured from the base of the LCD screen. I don't think you can go wrong with either the MS or the WB, just depends on the look you want.

Click on this link:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...ght=windbender

Windshields and Wind Deflectors

I had the dealer install a taller windshield on my F6B. The one they installed was 16 inches high but the top is only 16 inches wide. I get a tremendous amount of buffeting. Much more than my 97 Valkyrie . I think it is the narrow top that is causing the problem. We are planning a trip across the Canadian prairies and through the Canadian Rockies. I definitely need more wind protection. I would love any suggestions for cutting down some of the turbulence.

Thank-you
    HHK

tall goldwing for me!

I tried all of those and i ended up just buying a stock goldwing tall screen and redrilled it using my stock screen as a template..
    after 8 months of riding i have to say its perfect for me
    i'm 6'1" 280 so the buffeting and helmet howl were a huge issue for me
    the screen was cheap..drilling was easy
    it also is a little wider and cuts down the wind between the mirrors as well
    19 inches at the rubber tall and the vent does help to control turbulence behind the screen and during the hot months works well to keep me cool

I did the Windbender over the winter and all I have to say is THE BEST GOD DAM MOD TO DATE for my F6B.Love it.Having it low for the back roads and then hitting the switch to raise it if I hit some highways and then drop it again.Never thought I would like it this much but I do

To clue why anyone would wanna buy a bunch of windshields to find the correct height when a flip of a switch with the Windbender you can find your sweet spot.
    Ride it like you stole it

windbender hp-s

I have the windbender hp-s. That's short as in 11" short. It's the rake kit that makes it work the best. I can look over it by 4 inches with no head shake or flutter.

Like the Madstad, it's the angle of the shield that makes the difference, not the height. The Windbender with the rake kit give you both height and angle adjustment. You can find a quiet, dry position with a little experimentation.

well, I still wasn't sure about having enough coverage with the windbender/madstad shorter shields especially in the rain if I have to hide behind it since I don't wear a helmet w visor... SO i just ordered an 18" f4 w/ vent...if that doesn't work, I'll go with my original thought which was a Madstad...but I HOPE this f4 will do what I'm wanting!