18 8.53%
  • Stock

131 62.09%
  • Other (please post)

8 3.79%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Happy Ass Poll!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Where there's a will, there's a way!!! Glad RDL could 'get you there' Larry!!!

RDL can do things with seat's that 'one size fit's most' seat manufacturers simply cannot or will not due.

No 2 RDL seats are exactly alike as they are each individually built to your own specifications.

They had a small (and rare) price promo last fall, and my seat was actually less expensive than a 'Newly released/popular Brand Name' seat,,,

YEAH BABY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I had RDL raise me 3" and set me back 4" so my legs are now bent at a very comfortable 90 deg. angel when on the pegs and I can finally use the rear brake and I'm still able to flat foot the ground when stopped. I could not use the rear brake with the stock saddle due to my size 16 foot and legs bent to far under me(knees were higher than my hips while setting on the OEM saddle). I had been riding with my right foot on my Ergo lll all the time and only front braking Amazing how fast you can slow this 700lb steed down with both front and rear brakes
    Good now you can ride more and stop trouncing around the woods in the PNW in your mink coat, these sasquatch stories are getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Good now you can ride more and stop trouncing around the woods in the PNW in your mink coat, these sasquatch stories are getting out of hand.
    Attachment 6266

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Ultimate King w / driver & passenger back rest

I received my King seat today, got it and the accessories installed. Most excellent, a big thank you to the folks at Ultimate for your time, reviewing my needs and walking me through the process. It was received in 4 business days everything was in excellent condition and fitment was better than the Mustang Day Tripper. Tomorrow, I'll get to do some break-in riding in the Mnts. most importantly the passenger is very happy and comfortable. One thing I noted was the sales person stated the passenger pillion was 12" x 8" basically = to stock. Not so, it's actually a tad bit smaller. I believe a more custom solution should be offered perhaps curved. Over all much better than stock, narrower in the front portion (loses the wedge feel on your thighs) feet flatly planted 34" inseam 5'11". I'll follow up tomorrow after a day of riding.
    For those waiting to pull the trigger on an after market seat. I can say you, will not be dissatisfied. You can ease into the seat for about the same price as the day tripper and add the other items over time. Or throw caution to the wind and buy it all for 1032.00 + shipping.

I've had four Ultimate seats on various bikes I've owned. I love them but the last mid rider I had on my last Wing raised me up so I could barely reach the ground. It made my riding very difficult for that reason. That is why I can't order one for the 6.

Can anyone tell me if the med rider seat from ultimate will raise you up and give you a longer reach to the ground?
    From looking at the pictures of the seat it sure looks thicker than stock and would sit you up high.

The web site says they kept the same ride hight as the stock seat.
    Would like it if someone with the mid rider would chime in.

THanks Richie

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I believe Ultimate uses memory foam,,, A bit more 'giving' than the foam some other manufacturers use,,, Even thought it may look 'high', your body weight will compress it down some.

I have been on my VTX 1300 for 8 years now. I love the bike but I am taking delivery of an F6B, hopefully, by Tuesday or Wednesday. Just waiting on $$$ to clear.

I've had a Mustang Sport Touring saddle on the VTX and have been quite happy with it. However, many VTXers that I ride with have various Ultimate styles and all are quite nice. For the VTX, it's a MidRider and the BigBoy. For the F6B, it's a MidRider and the King.

At 6'0", 235lbs and a 32 inch inseam; Ulitmate's seat chart suggests the MidRider. However, I'd rather not be moved forward to the tank. So, at this point, I'm leaning towards the Ultimate King with both backrests.

As to the backrest pads

Ideally I'd like to morph the Mustang backrest pads http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...Tall-Sissy-Bar to the Ultimate King saddle. The Mustang pads are a little softer looking, a little more sculpted and measure 12 X 9 for the passenger and 12 X 7 for the rider. The Ulitmate pads are 10 X 7 for the passenger and 9 X 6 for the rider and the carbon fiber edges are squared up. They look nice but we are all striving to make our bikes unique in one fashion or another. I will investigate it further and post anything that I come up with.

stock seat rules

Purchase and installed the Mustang Tuck & Roll seat today, went for a short ride so far very happy. Big THANK YOU to Rick and Teresa @ Value Accessories!
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170