Test Rode an Indian Chieftain
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Test Rode an Indian Chieftain

Test Rode an Indian Chieftain

Went to a grand opening of a new Indian dealer this weekend and took a test ride on an Indian Chieftain. This dealer sells Harley, Honda, Victory, Indian and other brands in 3 separate buildings right next to each other. Indian has its own building as does Harley. Honda, Victory, Yamaha, etc., are together in the third building. This place is a huge bike mega center.

First off, I got a $100 gift card just for showing up which was a nice touch. They also had free drinks, food and a DJ. It was raining on and off so the place was mostly empty. The Indian bikes look great up close. Fit, finish and paint is right up there with Harley. The Indian bikes have a quality feel and look to them. Seating position and controls are very familiar if you've owned a Harley cruiser/touring bike.

I fired up the Chieftain and it has a really nice low rumble with the stock pipes. Sounds better to my ears than a stock Harley 103. The 111 engine looks great, sounds great and has more torque and power than the 103 as expected. The bike rode smooth and was very comfortable. The fairing had an adjustable electronic windshield which is great feature. I was able to adjust the shield so I could look over it or through it as needed. I got caught in a good downpour and having the shield up prevented most of my upper torso from getting wet. Water still came up from under the fairing though as there are no lowers or wind deflectors in stock form. Radio works well and the cruise control was smooth. Overall, I really enjoyed riding the Chieftain and if I was in the market for a Street Glide I think I would choose the Chieftain over it. The F6B however, is in another league altogether as far as power, handling and wind protection. When I rode the 100 miles back home I was very glad to be on my F6.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Hmmm, Sounds like Stubbs gave in to the 'Indian in it's own building' thing I heard about,,,

I, too, like the looks of the Indian.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Hmmm, Sounds like Stubbs gave in to the 'Indian in it's own building' thing I heard about,,,
    This was actually Cowboy Honda/Harley/Indian in Beaumont. I haven't checked out the Indian dealers in Houston yet. I know Mancuso has them. Didn't even know about Stubbs carrying them.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Every time I try to guess where you bought/where you went, I'm wrong...

I have no idea who carries Indian in Houston,,,, I saw 'em at the B, B & BBQ Rally in Fayetteville last summer and haven't had the urge to look at one since!

Polaris already has one MC company,,, I have no idea why they thought they needed another one,,,

indian ?

I myself don't think I would purchase one knowing with all the political correctness going on ( Washington Redskins , Cleveland Indians etc) the government would seize my bike and clothing because of its name. I am also starting a campaign to stop Italian dressing, French fries German potato salad and Polish sausage ! So the next time you go to eat please show some sensitivity and just say I would like some food.

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    I myself don't think I would purchase one knowing with all the political correctness going on ( Washington Redskins , Cleveland Indians etc) the government would seize my bike and clothing because of its name. I am also starting a campaign to stop Italian dressing, French fries German potato salad and Polish sausage ! So the next time you go to eat please show some sensitivity and just say I would like some food.

I do like the new style Bat wing fairing W/driving lights!Nice bike..Close to 30Grand the way I want it!!

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-u...ain-motorcycle
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    Well said, Fast Eddie
    Ken (Hornblower)

I rode them last year and I was impressed, I could see the leathered out model sharing garage space with my F6B...

Attachment 6519
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King