Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
Nope. I hate lookin through a shield,,,

I'm not runnin 60 degrees of rake,,,, closer to OEM rake, so that's probably a good part of it.

Tried the wifes 13 @ 60,, the 15 @ 60,,, eh,,, keep falling back to the 15 @ something 'close' to OEM rake,,,

IMHO, this produces the most/strongest blast of air upwards along the back of the shield, which in turn 'pushes' the oncoming air in front of the shield upwards. IMHO, less air 'spin' created as the airspeed on both sides of the shield is 'relatively close'.

IMHO, a shield at 60 degrees is more of a 'plow/pusher' than an extension of the upper fairing,,, but,,, I'm no expert.
I have tried the OEM rake as well, and it smoothes out the air for sure vs a traditional shield, but to me it doesn't "pop" the air over your head anymore, just smoothes it out as it hits your face. Different strokes, as they say.

Not to but I wonder also if you are taller than I think you are. For some reason I am assuming you are roughly the same height as me (6'ish) and even at OEM rake all the way down I would have, what I consider, intrusion into my line of sight with a 15" shield. Of course "intrusion into your field of vision" is also subjective.

I have switched my Madstad around probably 50 different times, much to the eye rolling chagrin of my wife, and keep coming back to my 11" shield at ~60 degree rake and about 1" up from full down. My 13" does put the air further over my head, but it bugs me being "in my line of sight".

I should close this by saying for anyone looking at a Madstad, don't take my constant adjustments to mean the system doesn't work, it does, and fantastically well, I am just a serial tinkerer and constantly think "this is great, but what if I..."