Chattanooga dealer is legit, right? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chattanooga dealer is legit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rbonds View Post
    So, Maybe they are really great folks, but I'll share my experience. When I was shopping for my bike, the Chattanooga dealer had a leftover black 2013 F6B listed in Cycle Trader for a great price. I phoned them to confirm that they still had it, and they reported that they did. I only live about 1 1/2 hours away, so I told them I'd be there within 2 hours to buy it. On the way, I got phone message..."well, it turns out that this bike has $2,000 in options we've installed, so the price is actually $2,000 higher than what's published on Cycle Trader...". Sounds like the classic bait and switch to me. Thanks, but no thanks. I turned around and went back home...then bought my bike elsewhere.
    There is a number of these same complaints about this dealer online.

Quote Originally Posted by rbonds View Post
    So, Maybe they are really great folks, but I'll share my experience. When I was shopping for my bike, the Chattanooga dealer had a leftover black 2013 F6B listed in Cycle Trader for a great price. I phoned them to confirm that they still had it, and they reported that they did. I only live about 1 1/2 hours away, so I told them I'd be there within 2 hours to buy it. On the way, I got phone message..."well, it turns out that this bike has $2,000 in options we've installed, so the price is actually $2,000 higher than what's published on Cycle Trader...". Sounds like the classic bait and switch to me. Thanks, but no thanks. I turned around and went back home...then bought my bike elsewhere.
    Yup, typical bait and switch. Avoid that kind of stealer at all costs. My local dealer honored their advertised price and didn't try to play any games with financing, prep/freight or extra accessories.

I've had other dealers over the years jack up the price after we had already agreed to a lower price and I always threatened to walk away and miraculously they would apologize and honor the original price to make the sale. That's one of the reasons why they are known as stealers.

there are lots of ways to look at deals and as long as you are happy with it, you're happy, I'd recommend Performance Honda in Wesley Chapel, Fl. in my area, they were great to deal with and I feel service if needed will be good. The deal also depends on cash, trade etc, they allowed over 3k more on my trade and still discounted the bike, I wanted a black '14 and could have done better on a Red (slow one) '13 possibly, probably that is. There is another dealer less than a couple of miles from my house but the couple of times I have been there the salespeople(?) have been super dumb asses, I stopped to see an F6 and was shown a few year old white Wing, when I further in detail described what I was looking for, it was "oh, right out side" I said I don't think so and out we went, and there were not any , but there were a couple of trike ones and he said " oh it looks like that but with one wheel on the back". !find a dealer you like D.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olds34dude View Post
    " oh it looks like that but with one wheel on the back".
    LOL!!!

Pitiful,,, plum pitiful!!!!

Southern turns a high volume of bikes with people traveling in from everywhere to purchase. However, they do bolt on a lot of parts and jack the price accordingly. I would definitely get everything finalized before making the trip if that's the route you want to take. I'm local and bought mine there after negotiating a good deal last fall. However, I have not spent another dime in their store due to a total absence of customer service after the sale. Buy local or closer to home if you can make the deal is what I suggest.

Southern Honda experience

I live a couple of hours away from Chattanooga. My wife and I travelled there to look at the F6B, BMW R1200RT and a Victory Vision about a month ago. I had been corresponding with a Southern Honda salesman, we'll call him #1. After initial contact with #1, I couldn't get a response back from him. We showed up at Southern Honda and asked for a different salesman, #2. Nice guy but he didn't know about the additional 1 year extended warranty. He said he'll check on it and get back to me. He never did. I also wanted a stock black standard but he reviewed his inventory list and said that he didn't have one. This was strange because they currently had a black one up on Ebay. Last week I called salesman #2 and asked about a price on a deluxe red model and he gave me some inflated price and he still didn't know about the 1 year extended warranty. They probably had 3 red's on the floor and 4 red's in crates on the floor.

Purchased my 2014 Valkyrie from Honda of Chattanooga, no problems at all. I live in Alabama and they were great to deal with and a waaaaaaaaaay better price than my local dealer who didn't even have a Valkyrie in stock.

My experience was great because of the sales person. I also called them about the black deluxe but he was upfront with me about NOT getting it for the price listed because it had all the chrome goodies on it. There are some sales folks that just want to get you in the door and there are others who you trust and I have 5 friends that all bought from Chattanooga because of the salesman. And yes.....there are a couple of guys there that SHOULD NOT BE WORKING THERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
    I live a couple of hours away from Chattanooga. My wife and I travelled there to look at the F6B, BMW R1200RT and a Victory Vision about a month ago. I had been corresponding with a Southern Honda salesman, we'll call him #1. After initial contact with #1, I couldn't get a response back from him. We showed up at Southern Honda and asked for a different salesman, #2. Nice guy but he didn't know about the additional 1 year extended warranty. He said he'll check on it and get back to me. He never did. I also wanted a stock black standard but he reviewed his inventory list and said that he didn't have one. This was strange because they currently had a black one up on Ebay. Last week I called salesman #2 and asked about a price on a deluxe red model and he gave me some inflated price and he still didn't know about the 1 year extended warranty. They probably had 3 red's on the floor and 4 red's in crates on the floor.
    Very VERY similar to my experience. I'm inching ever closer to signing the deal locally. Today might be the day.

Drum roll please

So the final numbers are in:

Russellville hung up on me when I told them I wanted the financing to be through Honda America. I kid you not -- they simply hung up without a word.

Chattanooga does come in lower than my local dealer: $842.60 to be exact. Even at face value, that's not enough to cover the cost of me flying out there and riding back. But face value doesn't begin to tell the story:

1) I'm not nearly as sure the deal is solid in Chattanooga as I am here. Here I will test ride the exact bike I'm getting before signing on the bottom line.

2) Both Chattanooga and Russellville keep trying to leave out the 4th year of warranty. I don't know what that's about exactly.

3) I know Chattanooga would try to upsell me to another bike. Even without that, there I'd be getting a red one rather than the black I'd prefer. (I can't shake the feeling that had I said I prefer red, they'd have tried to push me towards their "last one" loaded or a stock black, but that's just me, right?

4) I know I'd be going out the door with a bag of parts for the $1,000 accessories. Locally, they are going to install them for no cost plus they'll scrounge a center stand from one of their trike conversions so I don't have to include that in the $1,000.

5) Here they will actually deliver the bike to my door if I want. Their store policy is to pick up and deliver for service work if the customer wants/needs. With Chattanooga, I'd be in for a 1,350 mile ride home which ain't all bad, but call me jaded: Riding across Kansas or Nebraska lengthwise would NOT be my choice of a maiden voyage.

So Interstate Honda of Fort Collins it shall be and I have nothing but good things to say about them thus far. I'd like to especially call out Antoine, the sales guy, for his patience and Fred, the owner, for making it happen and patiently explaining every step along the way.