This is an interesting thread, I think, for me, caring a legal weapon is an essential piece of riding gear. Just like boots and helmets. I'm not going to "out" my carrying practice, but there are many safe ways to carry concealed. A high quality gun, for instance, has built in safety engineering to prevent accidental discharge. Plus 1 on the Sig brand, P50 compact is a great choice, or something heavier in the winter when you have more clothing. A P229/228 is fine for that. In states with open carry, like Texas and AZ, that's an option that if you choose, is a great deterrent from dip$h!t drivers. for some odd reason, they see a gun, but not a 850 lb motorcycle with bright lights... Go figure. If you wear a vest, coronado leather makes a good choice. I've seen the clipdraw holster clip (google it) that is cheap and awesome- unless its really cold. The cubby holds a compact nicely, and is easy to get to.

I guess it's dealers choice, but be sure you can get to it in a hurry if you need to , and it's safe and secure. As motorcyclists we are exposed to the world more then others, and I for one feel better protected.

I had a buddy run down a few years ago in an intersection, and lost his right leg. The witnesses all said it was intentional, and the driver made sure to hit him, back up and drive away. In my book, that's an assault with a deadly weapon. If he managed to get a shot off, or his passenger, the assailant would have had to explain the bullet hole in his car. or maybe had to go to the hospital. instead, he had the car fixed in a body shop ( which we found, by the way) and eventually fled the country back to Honduras. no charges were filed, and the biker buddy is in debt to this day for medical bills, but still riding with a prosthetic.

So, I carry. where, you ask? hope you never have to find out....