Who makes the tallest windshield that will fit the F6B? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who makes the tallest windshield that will fit the F6B?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=glryder98;37843]How about a 20" tall F4 Custom windshield.

Hmm, that might be an option as well,,,

Not sure about the F6B version working for ya,,,

No picture of the 20" F6B shield.

Here's the 18: https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...product_id=206

For something taller, here is the plus 4 GWing shield:

https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...product_id=207

4 inches taller than OEM Gwing. It doesn't lean back as far as the Tulsa, so it might not be 'in your face' as much,,,

F4 is a bit pricy, but they get some really good reviews/clean up real easy. Not impossible to scratch, but far better scratch resistance than 'conventional' shields.

(F4 is also a board sponsor. )

The Madstad should be able to get the wind over your head. You just have to be ok with the MadMax aesthetics

The biggest shield on the website is 15" but as mentioned they can be custom ordered bigger. The difference with this setup is, in addition to up and down movement, the rake angle of the shield can be adjusted and that makes a fair change to the airflow.

I have the small 11" shield. I'm 5'10" and have the OEM seat; my Madstad is adjusted all the way up and fully raked back and I'm very well protected. In this setting, the top edge of the shield is 16.5" above the Honda emblem on the dash. If I adjust the shield to be in more of a vertical position, the airstream moves higher over my head. The reason why an "11 inch" shield can sit so high is due to the mounting brackets.

Frankly, I love the wind protection and adjustability but I'm looking at the Clearview large just to have something prettier that flows better with the lines of the bike.

NOTE: In the bottom two pics the windshield is not raked all the way back, but it is in the first pic.

F4 Customs can get you to 23" above the rubber strip....

[QUOTE=Scotrod;37872]
    Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    How about a 20" tall F4 Custom windshield.

Hmm, that might be an option as well,,,

Not sure about the F6B version working for ya,,,

No picture of the 20" F6B shield.

Here's the 18: https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...product_id=206

For something taller, here is the plus 4 GWing shield:

https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...product_id=207

4 inches taller than OEM Gwing. It doesn't lean back as far as the Tulsa, so it might not be 'in your face' as much,,,

F4 is a bit pricy, but they get some really good reviews/clean up real easy. Not impossible to scratch, but far better scratch resistance than 'conventional' shields.

(F4 is also a board sponsor. )
    .....at the base of the windshield. This will also be 3" wider than stock F6B at the fairing. Give is a call, we would love to answer any questions you might have. 330-968-4644

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    The Madstad should be able to get the wind over your head. You just have to be ok with the MadMax aesthetics

The biggest shield on the website is 15" but as mentioned they can be custom ordered bigger. The difference with this setup is, in addition to up and down movement, the rake angle of the shield can be adjusted and that makes a fair change to the airflow.

I have the small 11" shield. I'm 5'10" and have the OEM seat; my Madstad is adjusted all the way up and fully raked back and I'm very well protected. In this setting, the top edge of the shield is 16.5" above the Honda emblem on the dash. If I adjust the shield to be in more of a vertical position, the airstream moves higher over my head. The reason why an "11 inch" shield can sit so high is due to the mounting brackets.

Frankly, I love the wind protection and adjustability but I'm looking at the Clearview large just to have something prettier that flows better with the lines of the bike.

NOTE: In the bottom two pics the windshield is not raked all the way back, but it is in the first pic.

Are you sure you got an 11"? The distance between the top edge of the shield and bracket look more like my 13" than my 11" (I bought both originally being undecided at 6' tall, but use the 11")

Hmmmmm... I can only say I ordered the 11"... I never actually measured what was sent.

Interesting; I'll measure it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Hmmmmm... I can only say I ordered the 11"... I never actually measured what was sent.

Interesting; I'll measure it tonight.
    FYI, after looking a second time I notice you also have the GL1800 base plate (1" taller and has the little winglets on the sides) and not the F6B version. My guess is you ordered the smallest F6B kit (11") and were sent the smallest GL1800 kit (14") by mistake. I don't think this is a bad thing (I am running a GL1800 base as well) other than the fact that if I am right it means Madstad is still having issues with sending out the correct product which is a huge disservice to their customers and themselves.