2015 Victory Magnum - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Victory Magnum

I was in the final stages of research in purchasing a Cross Country but the inaccurate fuel gauge issue killed it for me. Many times I ride on vapors before I get to a refill... and I need that to be bullet proof.

Good thing though; I wouldn't have found the F6... still the greatest bike I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I was in the final stages of research in purchasing a Cross Country but the inaccurate fuel gauge issue killed it for me. Many times I ride on vapors before I get to a refill... and I need that to be bullet proof.

Good thing though; I wouldn't have found the F6... still the greatest bike I've ever owned.
    Vapors here in my part of the country can leave you stranded out in the middle of nowhere with next to no one passing by. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I didn't even notice the wheel. Now THAT'S custom!
    What's custom about a bike as it rolls out the factory door? Custom are the mods made after the bike is built and sold. I guess I just don't get the idea of "factory custom". Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    What's custom about a bike as it rolls out the factory door? Custom are the mods made after the bike is built and sold. I guess I just don't get the idea of "factory custom". Seems like an oxymoron to me.
    Bolting store bought chrome parts on doesn't make for a custom bike either as far as I'm concerned. A lot of these big "custom" builders now have stock frames, handle bars, etc. Also blurs the line for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    Vapors here in my part of the country can leave you stranded out in the middle of nowhere with next to no one passing by. Just saying.
    Vapors here in my part of the country will run me past five gas stations and stretch the fillup interval an additional day or two. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Vapors here in my part of the country will run me past five gas stations and stretch the fillup interval an additional day or two. Just saying.
    Oh I didn't mean to imply it didn't. Just pointing out that your post gave me heart palpitations being from out here in the Wild West. I've heard guys with peanut tanks used to have to carry extra to cross some of the wide open spaces. But in a few years, I'll be right there with you -- at least planning to be.

The Victory line looks nice not my cup of tea , I have owned Polaris products in the past and were ok at the best to say the least .
    I would not consider victory in the same class as the F6B ... not many bikes do especially the victory ... every time I hear victory I think snow machine .

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Most 'accurate' gauge I ever had was on a Stratoliner,,, It had 2 fuel tanks,,, Light would come on when main was empty and the '2nd tank' (located down and back from main, with the fuel pump in it) was in use. Had about 7-8/10th of a gallon then,,, Also had a countdown on the odometer starting when the light came on,,, pretty slick, actually.

The low fuel light (No gauge) on my old VTX18C was a bit funky,,, It was temperature sensitive,,, would start to glow ever so faintly, and then brighten to full on. ("Sloshing' the gas would make it go out if it was just 'glowing') Kind of a guessing game with it daylight vs dark, how often you looked, etc)

The light on the 6 is no exact science,,, Wifes light comes on a good distance before mine,,, She also has more gas left in her tank at that time than I do, so Seems to be consistent in it's warning, but not necessarily consistent between bikes,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    Oh I didn't mean to imply it didn't. Just pointing out that your post gave me heart palpitations being from out here in the Wild West. I've heard guys with peanut tanks used to have to carry extra to cross some of the wide open spaces. But in a few years, I'll be right there with you -- at least planning to be.

I love the look of cruisers but can't get pas the peanut tanks. Just say no to peanut tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Most 'accurate' gauge I ever had was on a Stratoliner,,, It had 2 fuel tanks,,, Light would come on when main was empty and the '2nd tank' (located down and back from main, with the fuel pump in it) was in use. Had about 7-8/10th of a gallon then,,, Also had a countdown on the odometer starting when the light came on,,, pretty slick, actually.

The low fuel light (No gauge) on my old VTX18C was a bit funky,,, It was temperature sensitive,,, would start to glow ever so faintly, and then brighten to full on. ("Sloshing' the gas would make it go out if it was just 'glowing') Kind of a guessing game with it daylight vs dark, how often you looked, etc)

The light on the 6 is no exact science,,, Wifes light comes on a good distance before mine,,, She also has more gas left in her tank at that time than I do, so Seems to be consistent in it's warning, but not necessarily consistent between bikes,,,
    Interesting about inconsistency between bikes.

My gauge seems to be nicely linear from full all the way to empty. The low fuel light engages at different times depending on how the fuel is sloshing around but I'm ok with that. I just couldn't live with a gauge that was linear from full to half, and then dropped exponentially from half to empty.

Heres a race of F6B vs Victory. I would say the Vic had motor work to boot by the sound of it. I'll take the F6B for reliability and out-o-the-box power.
    Not the best time nor speed but hey, not everyones a race driver.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !