Whats boots are your favorite for riding the F6B? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Whats boots are your favorite for riding the F6B?

Sidi On Roads

Sidi On Roads. The best I've used and long wearing.

Sidi for me too. Currently wearing the Doha model but other models are great too
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by miramiramira View Post
    Sidi On Road GoreTex. 110 degrees to 26 degrees. Rain, snow, sleet, sand, grasshoppers the size of small birds. 900 mile days. Excellent soles. Fantastic motorcycle boots.
    I'm not yet on an F6B - hoping for one in the spring - but I've been wearing a pair of Sidi On Road boots for more than 10 years, and I'm getting ready to buy a new pair over the winter. Crash tested them in the summer of 2007, and my feet and ankles came through fine. Boots were beaten up, but still waterproof. Velcro is just this season starting to separate, but otherwise still perfectly wearable.

They are expensive, but definitely worth it.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Bates GX8 w/ Goretex. Aplinestars SMX-2 for short quick rides.

Useful thread for me, keep 'em comin'!

I found the best boots for me at a truck stop in Iowa on I-80...Truckers like comfortable boots that are not big and bulky..I think mine are just plain old cowboy boots..Anyhow they have a small narrow toe, light weight, and good ankle coverage....I agree most of the boots available for bikers look "funky" to me and most are designed for the sport bike crowd....

Currently wearing a pair of Tourmaster Solution 2 boots which work well for shifting http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/prod...ctid=350&cat=7. Would like a pair of Sidi Canyon boots but unsure if they will fit under the shifter and don't want to spend the big bucks to find out.

Best motorcycle boots

I live in Texas, we are legally required to wear cowboy boots here.

I picked up a pair of these Ariat's at the Houston Rodeo in January and they are the most comfortable boots I've owned. Also, the soles are fantastic on asphalt. As well, I can wear them to work and they look good (pant legs cover the uppers, of course) when I polish/brush them every now and then -- despite being "work boots".

http://www.ariat.com/WORKHOG_MSQ_TOE_CT_M_FOO.html

I still haven't found what I'm looking for. -- U2

I'm kind of surprised to hear all the Bates boots cited are working for folks as the toe still looks pretty large to me. Maybe not as large as the ones I'm coming from though. Bates Men's Talimena Motorcycle Boot,Black,10 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006H1XDSM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_FB0.tb1W1DQQN

Redwing Engineers were my go to for years and years and I may yet go back to them. I tried true, old school cowboy boots (Tony Lama Black Label) and the heel was just to deep for me. I like being able to move my feet around some and thus the appeal of floor boards too. I have a pair of Sidi half height, perforated boots, but they are obviously limited for touring style riding and besides are pretty darn narrow for my decidely normal American width feet.

What I'm thinking of trying next are http://gasolinaboots.com/classic_boots.html But then, I'm quite the traditionalist at heart. Even though I now ride a rocket ship as a motorcycle, I haven't quite yet made the mental transition to astronaut boots while riding.

Bates, extra wide with side zipper. Never polish them so the leather turns a very light color. Keeps my feet cooler on the many 100+ deg days in Dallas.