Winter blend gas or real gas - cold engine hesitation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter blend gas or real gas - cold engine hesitation

Yes some bikes in the winter will run lean due to the higher ethanol in the fuels ... stuff is no good , I have resorted to removing ethanol from the fuels I use in my bikes .
    If your in a area that has pumps with non ethaol fuel I would use it or buy 5 gallons of fuel foor the winter .

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    The base layer of limestone here in Florida will just dissolve and we'll become WaterWorld

No one retires and moves North.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

shooter
    I have never had the hesitation problem you guys are talking about. I only run Premium. Shell or BP.

shooter
    Have you guys always had this or did it come on gradually with time?

Started at around 2000 miles. Was told by the place i bought it that the issue was caused by bad gas in my area.

shooter
    Has anyone tried running any Seafoam or Lucas to see if that helped the situation. I dump in some Lucas about every third tank. All we have around here is Ethanol. Left last Saturday morning for a 350 mile ride at 4:30 am. Temps in the high 40's. ran great.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Has anyone tried running any Seafoam or Lucas to see if that helped the situation. I dump in some Lucas about every third tank. All we have around here is Ethanol. Left last Saturday morning for a 350 mile ride at 4:30 am. Temps in the high 40's. ran great.
    This is an interesting subject. Personally, I'm not really a fan of any sort of additive in the oil or fuel. I made it a point to ONLY use Shell with V-tech and that's the only fuel I've had in my bike. After 100,000 miles or so, I'm gonna pull the heads and see if this V-tech stuff actually keeps valves and combustion chambers clean

I also read somewhere that throttle bodies (some?) have a micro coating that intake cleaners may dissolve... so I'm hesitant to use Seafoam in there too.