Funny, I don't get comments like that about stripped down anything (unless, well...not about motorcycles, ha!)

I finally have been riding with another B (I like this shortened version of the F6B), a red deluxe just like mine was. I get to see it from front, side and behind as it goes ORT, and I have to say how good it looks, and it feels good to know mine looks just as good to others.

So I guess it depends upon your riding buddies, or maybe they are compensating for "something" when they make that comment? I do think it really does depend upon who is riding the B whether or not you get that kind of comment.

I personally never felt the B was a "stripped down" anything. Instead, I consider it the best answer to any Harley or Yamaha or Suzuki or Victory or Indian bagger out there. It is over the top when compared side-by-side in performance and handling with any comparable bagger from those lines. And regular gas and reasonable maintenance make it the winner in all cases--at least for me.

Let's just say that the B is one stop before the full GW dresser. It isn't LESS of a GW. It is unique and fills a definite niche in the Honda line. Its only going to get more popular with people who aren't defining themselves as the typical GW rider. I don't feel as though I "fit" with those folks (mostly retired older couples who seem to prefer group rides to just RIDING).

So us B owners need to define who we are as a group. After reading so many of the posts in this forum, I'm convinced we aren't the typical GW riders, even though some of us may have owned GWs in the past or still.