My Last Windshield?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Last Windshield??

Baggershield works great for me and I have absolutely no issues with wind noise or turbulence or helmet buffeting...I am 5'9" and have it set to the tallest position and do not intend to try anything else...There are many options out there but I am fine with mine....Good Luck

F4 Customs

Hey folks if you want an F6B windshield from F4 Customs we are offering 10% for this forum only from now till Feb. 7th. You must call in for this promotion and ask for Don or Kim. Tell them you want the F6B Forum promotion.
    330-968-4644

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys I think most of us will agree that the windscreen is the most problem area of the B. Getting the right shield with the right height is challenging at best. I've heard some guys talk about being on their 3rd , 4th , and even 5th shield. I'm ready to try again. So far I've tried the stock shield and a Cee Baileys 11 inch Grey tint. I like the CB but its still a little short. I don't mind the air , I wear a FF helmet. Its the bugs in the spring. I need to keep more bugs off the helmet shield. I like some air at the top of the helmet in the summer. I thinking about a CB 13 inch with a vent. I'm 6'1" and 290. Let's hear what you guys have and if it does the job. Tell us your size also that way we can compare performance as it relates to our size. We do a good job on this thread might save someone some money in the future. Like me. Thanks for your input.
    I just received a 13" CB with a vent yesterday but it is too cold to install it. I did take it out of the box and hold it in place and it doesn't look all that high. I am only 5' 7" and I can't imagine this shield being tall enough for you. This height was what CB advised me I needed sitting on the bike measuring the way they described. I do sit high in the saddle for a short guy but again I can't imagine the 13" shield doing what you need. Once installed I will post my findings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

shooter
    Doug I have an 11 inch CB now and its 90% perfect. The problem is the bugs. I still get them on the upper part of the helmet and visor. When the bugs aren't bad it's perfect.

I'm 5' 8" tall and the Bagger Shield works for me. If it's above 50-60 degrees, I ride with the clear portion either off or flipped down. Actually during the summer it stays off most of the time. I think it's just a personal preference to what you consider as enough or too much wind. For me, I prefer the bike with just the lower tinted part both for aesthetics and for seeing over the shield. I prefer an unobstructed view. During colder weather riding, I do appreciate the added protection I get from adding the taller clear section.

My first change out was the BS. It was about 80% fit, still had to much wind hit my modular helmet about 70 mph. At the last rally I won- scratch that my wife won a Clearview shield. After measuring my BS and checking height I ordered there tallest smoked screen with vent. I have mentioned this before on other threads while total height of the individuals has something to do with it, more importantly is the sitting height. I may be a short shit, but I sit tall in a saddle (5'7"). The Clearview has changed the comfort to almost 100%. While its height isn't greater than a BS with extension the flare of the lip takes the wind just around my forehead. I also believe the Clearview is wider, between the Clearview and my Baker shields my hands don't get much wind in the winter.Here is a pic of the large Clearview in clear. This posting maybe too late!

Attachment 10919
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    I just received a 13" CB with a vent yesterday but it is too cold to install it. I did take it out of the box and hold it in place and it doesn't look all that high. I am only 5' 7" and I can't imagine this shield being tall enough for you. This height was what CB advised me I needed sitting on the bike measuring the way they described. I do sit high in the saddle for a short guy but again I can't imagine the 13" shield doing what you need. Once installed I will post my findings.
    I think you will be surprised, @ 5'11" the 15" CB worked well for me when I was using it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Doug I have an 11 inch CB now and its 90% perfect. The problem is the bugs. I still get them on the upper part of the helmet and visor. When the bugs aren't bad it's perfect.
    OK now Shooter, that didn't take long I installed the 13" CB/with vent working just above freezing in my detached garage burr. Even after stuffing rags in that pit below the mirrors I managed to drop one washer ! But it must be my day when I looked down on the floor it was sticking out of my fairing where the radiator is. It was even tipped outwards so I just grabbed it with my fingers. Again it must be my day I might go buy my first lottery ticket !

OK now back to the ride report. Again I am 5' 7" but with 26-27 inch inseam, I am tall from the waist up. It is perfect I think but I am pretty sure even the 15" would work and I could see over the windshield. For winter I think the 15" might be better but the 13" will be perfect for 90%-95% of my riding. I am riding to Daytona for Bikeweek the 1st of March from Central IL where as the 15 would be my choice, just sayin in a situation like this. My bike has the orignal seat and when I sat on a 2015 GL1800 with its windshield down as far as it would go I could still see over that windshield so I am thinking the 15" on the f6b is about equal to it. I would say our bikes sets about 2" lower in the saddle when measuring the windshield height I thought maybe this info might help as someone in doubt could sit on a GL. For what it's worth I can now hear the radio fine @ interstate speeds with my face shield up. Keep in mind this information is coming from a guy who rides a lot of sport touring or adventure type bikes so I am not use to sitting behind a barn door for a shield. YMMV buyer beware I guess this is why some folks have several windshields in their stable, but thanks to you Shooter and folks here I am sure I have dogged that bullet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Shooter - based on your requirements, which is to deflect bugs yet not have a huge block of all air in front of you - I suggest the Madstad. I say this due to the design and adjustability.

When bugs are less prevelant you can lower it for more airflow. When it's buggier raise it more. You can see over it and it creates an air differential which pushes air up and over your head while not blocking the open feeling. It leaves you with an open air feeling without the buffeting, noise or tons of bugs hitting you. I do still get hit with the occasional bug - but I value the visibility and open feeling over being totally protected by a large windscreen.

I did tons of reading and research before buying a Madstad and it has met or exceeded all my expectations. I had a klock werks on my street glide and that shied did a similar thing but not as well.

Good luck

Attachment 11191

Klock Werks for me, I'm 6'3 and it works perfect for me. It has a slight curve at the top and kills almost all bugs in that zone, I can see over it and still enjoy a full day of riding. Worth a look... Met the Klock Werks folks in Sturgis last year and let them know how happy I was with the shield after the 1400 mile trip over.