Replacement Windshield - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I went with small 14" height, light gray tint, no vent, wider "sport touring" style Clearview brand this time, mostly because of the upper "recurve" style and reasonable price. I'll let you know what I think.
    I'm curious how it works for you in case I decide to change mine. I also like the recurve at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I'm curious how it works for you in case I decide to change mine. I also like the recurve at the top.
    They are top quality, fortunately for another forum member who wanted to buy one, it wasn't as good as my Madstad. It's on his bike now. It's all about preference. All the sponsors who sell W/S's here are top notch. There is one company (I won't name, a non sponsor BTW) who can kiss my rear.

Let us know how the Clearview works out.

Thanks for the comments. I went with small 14" height, light gray tint, no vent, wider "sport touring" style Clearview brand this time, mostly because of the upper "recurve" style and reasonable price. I'll let you know what I think.
    I'll probably be purchasing a new windshield before my summer trip. I don't know what height yet. I'm 5' 8". I have a OEM Honda tall windshield w/vent that I purchased installed on the bike. According to Clearview way of measuring, my current windshield is 17".

Quote Originally Posted by dougvtx View Post
    I'll probably be purchasing a new windshield before my summer trip. I don't know what height yet. I'm 5' 8". I have a OEM Honda tall windshield w/vent that I purchased installed on the bike. According to Clearview way of measuring, my current windshield is 17".
    Last week installed my Cee Bailey 13" and at first ride it looks like it might be about right. I am 5'7" but tall from the waist up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

I have a slipstream 11 inch and I am 6'3 I think If I go with a 14 inch the buffering will stop. Going to keep an eye out for one.
    2013 F6B in fast black. Lots of extras.
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
    1992 GSXR 1100R W/1153 BIG BORE
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 first bike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know there are other threads on this; I just read through them. However, with a couple of years of F6B under some of your belts and knowing what you know now, which windshield do you wish you had bought?

I've had a 13" clear Cee Bailey since day one. Loved it initially, but its taken a few too many bugs and even a bird or two over the last 13,000 miles and is scratched pretty badly. I could have been more careful cleaning it too, adding to the scratches. Time to replace it. I'd like some thing that gives me as much width coverage as we can fit, but maybe made of a material that is slight more scratch resistant. I've not had a vent, as we don't really get that many hot days in Wisconsin and it seems like something that just blocks the view, but maybe change my mind on that as well?
    all about looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Except for the black pipes I think I own the twin!

Except for the black pipes I think I own the twin!
    Nice Bike!
    Ok, so BLACK OUT the side F6B chrome (remove with a hair drier), brake pedal, tinted windshield, heated ISO grips, smoked lenses, remove amber bulbs. The RUSH black slip on exhaust is really not that costly. Let me know if you want some of these side fairing Carbon Fiber "F6B' badges. The red Honda wing badges are attached with 2-sided tape (fyi).
    Then it will be close to a twin