Quote Originally Posted by Michael_A View Post
Had several Goldwing's before the F6B and have observed the following on all of them:

1) The "oil leak" usually, really, isn't. Seems like Honda uses some kind of "preservative" on the engine bits. First couple of times the engine gets hot, a bit may "cook off" and/or drip, usually off the bottom of the valve covers. After the first wash or wipedown, it's gone. (though you can still smell it for a while if you garage it hot)

They also use a very generous amount of grease on the side stand pivot, which seems to drop/blow back. Give it a good wipedown.

I guess they expect the dealer to give it a good wash up when they put it on the floor, but most don't.

2) That plastic bit has come loose on ALL my GW's! As a matter of fact, when I took delivery of mine I made the service manager re-stick that bit back since it was loose (also loose on every other GW on their floor). I was expecting it!

But those are the ONLY real issues I have ever noticed on them. Compared to a lot of other vehicles, pretty minor stuff.
I had the very same things on mine when it was new. The oil leak wasn't a leak and was exactly as described above. The weld covers? 3m tape fixes anything.