Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
I forgot to mention one other source of pride for Harley riders... the history... of both the brand and its' role in CREATING the motorcycling pasttime. I gotta give credit where it's due; Harley sure does have a storied past and they sure were a significant contributor to putting folks on two wheels. How can you hate something like that?
Srt, you're exactly right about the heritage and getting more people riding. Like I've said if I didn't like Harley's I wouldn't keep buying them like I always do. As I explained to my wife this weekend, I'm just tired of feeling every little imperfection in the road and feeling like I'm still shaking when I get to my desk and sit down in my chair at work from my hour ride in running 75-80 the whole way at around 3000 rpms on a v twin. Just want a smoother ride and something that has more performance and can handle the twisty's and curves when I want it without shelling out several thousands of dollars to get just the performance and no twisty action. If they ever change the frame design and suspension I'll go back and buy another Harley tourer. Some will even ask well what about the Victory or the Indian? They both have good frames and suspension but still lack the performance I'm after and the ability to really handle the twisty's. I think slit of that is coming from my last bike before the harley I've got now was a naked style street bike.