Steal it - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Steal it

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    They say they are located in Raleigh, but I can't find anything on them. Posted 3 days ago, but all that green grass hasn't shown up yet and I am 70 miles away to the south east. Hummmmmm
    So, I say we all make a ride to Raleigh! I returned his e-mail. I have an appointment in Raleigh next week. It's most likely a finance scam. they lock you into a 60mo term, and with finance charges, you pay about $25,000 over 5 years. if you pay early, there are fees and such. Was involved in a scam like this in my younger days. paid 20K for a 12k evo Harley... but i had to have that Harley lifestyle and they knew it. Glad I got over that.

I'm self employed, and make a living selling services and stuff- Fairly! , but this kinda $#!T makes me sick, going after naive people with crappy credit. This guy is a predator. I'd show up at his door, talk about a deal, and then just say, " well, i have cash. where is the bike? " might end up with it... what will I do with 3 bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    So, I say we all make a ride to Raleigh! I returned his e-mail. I have an appointment in Raleigh next week. It's most likely a finance scam. they lock you into a 60mo term, and with finance charges, you pay about $25,000 over 5 years. if you pay early, there are fees and such. Was involved in a scam like this in my younger days. paid 20K for a 12k evo Harley... but i had to have that Harley lifestyle and they knew it. Glad I got over that.

I'm self employed, and make a living selling services and stuff- Fairly! , but this kinda $#!T makes me sick, going after naive people with crappy credit. This guy is a predator. I'd show up at his door, talk about a deal, and then just say, " well, i have cash. where is the bike? " might end up with it... what will I do with 3 bikes?
    I despise predators....hiflyer said it "Why can't they work as hard to make an honest living?" (or somthing like that...)
    Nod a lot at the financials, then ask to see the bike. If you tell them you have cash then ask to see the bike, when they go to get it, they will come back saying the bike "had been sold earlier today by an associate."
    Best of luck and let us know what you find.
    I still haven't received a reply email yet.....I guess they don't want my business, but I think in one of the emails I wrote that I had cash and was ready to do business....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I despise predators....hiflyer said it "Why can't they work as hard to make an honest living?" (or somthing like that...)
    Nod a lot at the financials, then ask to see the bike. If you tell them you have cash then ask to see the bike, when they go to get it, they will come back saying the bike "had been sold earlier today by an associate."
    Best of luck and let us know what you find.
    I still haven't received a reply email yet.....I guess they don't want my business, but I think in one of the emails I wrote that I had cash and was ready to do business....
    The curious thing, it looks like they find things on sites like craigslist, and sell it for the seller. they take a cut, and have the bike delivered. I assume it's out west, as the posts seem to be focused in Nevada, Colorado, and such. They then have it"shipped" for $999 to you. there has gotta be a catch. no one has that bike for 8K.

If we knew for sure it was in Raleigh the ad can be forwarded to that states Attorney General. Nearly all states have a consumer protection division and they do frown on predatory material like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

whois shows the domain registered to a private listing in Moscow Russia

Well that can't be good.