Any Madstad buyer's remorse ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Madstad buyer's remorse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have had 7 shields .....
    I believe there is some help available for this, just across the street from the Betty Ford clinic.

Madstad fulfills the promise. First windshield I had out of five that actually did.

Same here. And it ain't ugly if you get a smoked one. IMHO.

I see Madstad changed their website. It used to say the following that I still have in my internet cache.

"... Drive our system for 60 days. If you're not happy then we're not happy, simple as that, and you can return your MadStad adjustable windshield system for a ..."

"... Each MADSTAD system is built to order. Due to high volume, please allow a 7 day lead time for your system to ship. ... See our 60 day return policy ..."

Their new contact page no longer has this information:

Madstad contact page

Their trial offer has been replaced with:

"...
    RETURNS

We will issue a full refund of your purchase price only if the MADSTAD system is returned in good condition with all the parts originally shipped. If system components are missing or substantially damaged then we reserve the right to apply a minimum 15% restocking fee deducted from the refund amount. For example, if a windshield comes back with substantial scratches then the order would be subject to a restocking fee. This applies regardless of whether the damage was caused by return shipping or any other reason. Please wrap and package the returning items carefully, especially the plastic windshields which are easily scratched. We recommend a piece of cardboard be placed between the windshield and all other components in the box, and we also recommend that you insure the package in the event that the shipper is the one who causes the damage or loses the package.
    ..."

OK ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Wow, the nerve of some companies. Now they want to charge you extra just because you return an item with noticeable damage preventing them from being able to resell it?! What a bunch of jerks!

Update: Madstad's website has the 60-day trail period back.

60 day trial period.

"...
    RETURNS

If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you have 60 days to return your system for a full refund.
    ..."

My 6 came w/an aftermarket shield, a little bit taller than stock, I like the looks and don't mind the wind in my face and I can only imagine that it is better than the stock unit. What w/this 10 day/3,000 mile ride, in a little over a month, and this thread, I am considering a Madstad, 11"smoked. It will be a lot of shield time and all kinds of weather, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    My 6 came w/an aftermarket shield, a little bit taller than stock, I like the looks and don't mind the wind in my face and I can only imagine that it is better than the stock unit. What w/this 10 day/3,000 mile ride, in a little over a month, and this thread, I am considering a Madstad, 11"smoked. It will be a lot of shield time and all kinds of weather, thoughts?
    That would be a good move. Not only does it work better than anything I've used before, it will keep the rain off of you, provided you are moving. I've ridden thru several showers and never had to put on my rainsuit. Now if it's a general rain, you would need to suit up, but makes riding in the rain bearable. I would go for the clear though, I've had both.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    That would be a good move. Not only does it work better than anything I've used before, it will keep the rain off of you, provided you are moving. I've ridden thru several showers and never had to put on my rainsuit. Now if it's a general rain, you would need to suit up, but makes riding in the rain bearable. I would go for the clear though, I've had both.
    I have made up my mind to order one next week, sorry but it will have to be the dark tint, it's what I have now, it's what I like and it will hide some of the Madstad ugly.