Reminiscing...

Thread: Reminiscing...

Reminiscing...

I had the privilege of flying parts of the 1990 Bob Hope Christmas show around in Saudi Arabia in a 53D, prior to the kickoff of the Gulf War.

Johnny Bench, Lee Greenwood, and his guitar got to experience a single engine landing after the starboard engine violently ceased to function.

I thought of this event after watching this cover of "God Bless the USA" by the Texas Tenors. Please enjoy.

https://youtu.be/daqwGRdRIsk
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quality stuff; thanks for your service Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I had the privilege of flying parts of the 1990 Bob Hope Christmas show around in Saudi Arabia in a 53D, prior to the kickoff of the Gulf War.

Johnny Bench, Lee Greenwood, and his guitar got to experience a single engine landing after the starboard engine violently ceased to function.

I thought of this event after watching this cover of "God Bless the USA" by the Texas Tenors. Please enjoy.

https://youtu.be/daqwGRdRIsk
    Missed that show, I was on the JTFME staff from 88 to early 90.

And yes, at that time I was a desk pushing staff REMF .......

I was on top of a real big hill in Honduras in the 80's watching a shithook bringing two blivets of fuel and one water blivet to our camp on the hill when the shithook took a nose dive after one engine quit on him. He recovered out of our view way down in the valley. Never did drop those blivets. That was scary and awesome. Badazz pilots dropped the blivets in the respective trenches and went on their way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver