2015 F6B blue paint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B blue paint

2015 F6B blue paint

Hi Everyone,
    I have been following this forum for a while now ,and I have made the decision to buy a new 2015 F6B Deluxe pending what your responses may be. My question is on the 2015's I will be ordering the blue F6B. Do any of you know if the paint issues have been taken care of? If not does anyone know if the blue F6B would be clearcoated? I know it may seem like a stupid question, the reason I must ask is I have to order the bike and put a deposit down before I see it. I have ridden the flat silver and really liked the way it rode but didn't like the way it looks. Thanks in advance for your help in this.
    Ride Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverliner View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been following this forum for a while now ,and I have made the decision to buy a new 2015 F6B Deluxe pending what your responses may be. My question is on the 2015's I will be ordering the blue F6B. Do any of you know if the paint issues have been taken care of? If not does anyone know if the blue F6B would be clearcoated? I know it may seem like a stupid question, the reason I must ask is I have to order the bike and put a deposit down before I see it. I have ridden the flat silver and really liked the way it rode but didn't like the way it looks. Thanks in advance for your help in this.
    Ride Safe.
    FWIW, Honda of Hollywood on Santa Monica Blvd. has a Blue 2015 on the floor (as of 2 days ago) if you want to see the color in person. Coast Motorsports in Venutra has a grey one on the floor. Most of the other dealers in your area do not have any 2015's on the floor.

Didn't like the way it looked? You must have a fever.

I do not have enough experience with these issues from more tenured pilots. My bike looks good and I think the paint is pretty good quality for application. No way I can tell the longevity. Paint will be as good as you take care of it. Don't apply the wrong chemicals. Don't let bugs linger on the paint.

Can you find another dealer that has a blue for you to examine? Or is there a leftover 2014 you can examine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The first question I would be asking the dealers is does it have a clear coat? If the answer is no I can guarantee you the paint will appear on wax applicators and rags. I had my 2013 red painted yellow with a healthy clear coat. That is the only bad point on an other wise exhalent ride. No matter what your decision there is a great chance the ride of choice will require some modification to make it fit you. One size does not fit all. The choice you do make should be the machine you can spend the most time riding, this is after all a large investment. Good luck in the hunt.

Attachment 13620

I also had mine triked to extend my face in the wind time in my waning years.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

So far no problems with the paint for me..and the color is great.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    FWIW, Honda of Hollywood on Santa Monica Blvd. has a Blue 2015 on the floor (as of 2 days ago) if you want to see the color in person. Coast Motorsports in Venutra has a grey one on the floor. Most of the other dealers in your area do not have any 2015's on the floor.
    Thanks for the reply I will head over tomorrow to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Didn't like the way it looked? You must have a fever.

I do not have enough experience with these issues from more tenured pilots. My bike looks good and I think the paint is pretty good quality for application. No way I can tell the longevity. Paint will be as good as you take care of it. Don't apply the wrong chemicals. Don't let bugs linger on the paint.

Can you find another dealer that has a blue for you to examine? Or is there a leftover 2014 you can examine?
    I already have a matte silver sportbike. For my cruiser I like things shiny.

The blue metallic has clear coat. I'm satisfied with the blue paint on my F6B. I put a few coats of Liquid Glass on just to be on the safe side, but no problems here.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

the reason I must ask is I have to order the bike and put a deposit down before I see it.
    See if you can find any blue 2014 Valkyries to check out The paint is exactly the same as the blue on the 2015 F6B.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

I already have a matte silver sportbike. For my cruiser I like things shiny.
    OK but take some aspirin just in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver