Anyone NOT own a handgun? - Page 29
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT own a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Like Big Bird I too, not being North American of any kind, fail to understand the gun obsession in the states and often ask what fear drives it.

I guess it's just is a way of life for some.
    That is the typical mistake, assuming fear drives it. It seems to drive some, like JB. But fear does not drive most. A gun is a marvel of mechanical engineering. When you hold a revolver and watch how it mechanically operates I am taken back as to why I couldn't think of that. Watching how an M1 Garand systematically fires, extracts and feeds is an incredible work of art. I collect art. The by product of launching a 100 grain bullet 2000 fps is another incredible feat that man has created.

I don't carry a gun in fear. I carry a gun in case. I don't have a fire extinguisher in my house out of fear. I have it in case. I don't have auto insurance out of fear. I have it in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    This just made me laugh

Attachment 13647
    Where did you get a pic of my brother's family?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I wonder if there are many other incidents like this that don't make the headlines

I don't care if this car jacker was black, white, or yellow... the shooter that took this guy out did us all a favor.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-sho...004403757.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Like Big Bird I too, not being North American of any kind, fail to understand the gun obsession in the states and often ask what fear drives it.

I guess it's just is a way of life for some.
    I don't understand why so many fear guns; there's nothing to be afraid of.

A NY City officer was shot in the head today....it's bad when the PoPo start getting shot! I believe this is somewhat caused by sitting and watching folks burn and riot.... no fear/respect ...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Such a self-incrimination doesn't give Anti's more reasons to celebrate their triumph ?

All that thread was about "not owning a handgun" , but from the beginning was bullied and discouraged by intruders , who were trying to twist the polemics and denigrate fundamental character of discussion.

Since Pro's have their own thread , named "who own and love the gun" ( or something like that ) , I suggest to return to that box and formulate all appropriate arguments and allow bullets fly up there .

Accordingly and in courtesy , Anti's not having business to read it , will not participate in any fights , or try to initiate any controversies , leaving all that miserable show of force to the expected bloody outcomes .

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi
    Point taken Les; I understand and agree.

It's become 2nd nature and instinctual for many people who believe in gun ownership to fiercely defend that position... but I don't believe it's done because they (we) like to argue or are intentionally being discourteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    A NY City officer was shot in the head today....it's bad when the PoPo start getting shot! I believe this is somewhat caused by sitting and watching folks burn and riot.... no fear/respect ...
    Also because the President and AG (ex-AG) have been justifying and encouraging these fools... which in turn makes THEM fools too.

I'll now bow out of this thread and just read. I'd like to hear what NON gun owners have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Also because the President and AG (ex-AG) have been justifying and encouraging these fools... which in turn makes THEM fools too.
    Don't forget about the cops that got shot in Ferguson by the guy with the excuse, "Ya, I shot the cops by accident, I was shooting at someone else.". That justifies it.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    That is the typical mistake, assuming fear drives it. It seems to drive some, like JB. But fear does not drive most. A gun is a marvel of mechanical engineering. When you hold a revolver and watch how it mechanically operates I am taken back as to why I couldn't think of that. Watching how an M1 Garand systematically fires, extracts and feeds is an incredible work of art. I collect art. The by product of launching a 100 grain bullet 2000 fps is another incredible feat that man has created.

I don't carry a gun in fear. I carry a gun in case. I don't have a fire extinguisher in my house out of fear. I have it in case. I don't have auto insurance out of fear. I have it in case.
    And that my friend is the way it is here in the states IMHO. I fear no one, but I do respect. I have a fire extinguisher, I have insurance all for the reasons stated.
    As for "A gun is a marvel of mechanical engineering" same can be said of the motorcycle and both are technologies the along with many other things in this great world still amaze me today.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

A fire extinguisher in the wrong hands doesn't scare me.
    An insurance policy in the wrong hands doesn't scare me.
    A handgun in the wrong hands scares the crap out of me.