Madstad - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madstad

Madstad switched my 13" for the custom 11" cut and the 11" is perfect. The collar on my pullover shirt barely moves and I am looking over the top. I have it raised up about 1 inch from the lowest position and it is great. Not so much for the wife--- so I adjusted the angle for the top to lean forward as far as it would go and --BINGO!-- her issue is resolved. When she gets off, I make the 20 second adjustment back to the original angle for me. Let me also mention that I have Baker hand wings and Mustang seat to go with my 6'1" frame and 32" inseam.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Madstad switched my 13" for the custom 11" cut and the 11" is perfect. The collar on my pullover shirt barely moves and I am looking over the top. I have it raised up about 1 inch from the lowest position and it is great. Not so much for the wife--- so I adjusted the angle for the top to lean forward as far as it would go and --BINGO!-- her issue is resolved. When she gets off, I make the 20 second adjustment back to the original angle for me. Let me also mention that I have Baker hand wings and Mustang seat to go with my 6'1" frame and 32" inseam.
    How tall is the wifey (without heels) ?

Errrrrr. Hummmmmm. Well..............

She is NOT TALL by anybody's yardstick--- 5'4" maybe. The top of her head does not touch my chin. I don't think she sits any taller in the saddle than I do---we are probably about even. And we all know how the Mustang seat is shaped.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Errrrrr. Hummmmmm. Well..............

She is NOT TALL by anybody's yardstick--- 5'4" maybe. The top of her head does not touch my chin. I don't think she sits any taller in the saddle than I do---we are probably about even. And we all know how the Mustang seat is shaped.
    My wife is @ 5' 5" and is not digging the stock windshield. Have a taller/wider/vented shield on order that should be here today. Still considering the Madstad.

Switching from 11 to the 13 madstad

I put the 11 inch madstad on but my wife wants to see what happens with the 13. I'm 5'10 30 inch inseam with the stock seat. I have tried the 11 in every position and find that I like it best all the way up and all the way forward. She on the other hand doesn't think it is as good as my former stock windshield that was on the HARLEY electric glide classic, So I called madstad and spoke with Sean who is sending out the 13 for me to try. Great people to work with. They are going to credit me back the shield when I send it back.

Thanks to all who have posted and also answered my pm that I have sent. Great bunch of civil people on this forum. It's refreshing to be a member of this group
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sir22 View Post
    I put the 11 inch madstad on but my wife wants to see what happens with the 13. I'm 5'10 30 inch inseam with the stock seat. I have tried the 11 in every position and find that I like it best all the way up and all the way forward. She on the other hand doesn't think it is as good as my former stock windshield that was on the HARLEY electric glide classic, So I called madstad and spoke with Sean who is sending out the 13 for me to try. Great people to work with. They are going to credit me back the shield when I send it back.

Thanks to all who have posted and also answered my pm that I have sent. Great bunch of civil people on this forum. It's refreshing to be a member of this group
    Thanks
    How does your wife like the 13" screen ?

I am confused. how is the Madstad different and better than the Honda tall shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I am confused. how is the Madstad different and better than the Honda tall shield?
    Check their website it works as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Check the vendor website; look at the pictures and read the dialogue... if you still can't see the difference you might need glasses

The differences in design and function are plainly obvious.

Just ordered a 15" clear after reading all of the great info here. I have a 19" Bagger Shield with a vent, but I am just not happy with it and wanted something with some adjustment. Reading how this shield works on their site and this one really helped with the decision . Plus the 60 day money back guarantee. If they are willing to stand behind their product to that degree, then there must be something to it.