Public Reactions to Your F6B - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Public Reactions to Your F6B

My bike (and me) have been getting a lot of attention this weekend in Silver City, NM. I had my bike parked outside my hotel window and yesterday I saw a small crowd gathered around it while they were getting ready to ride.

At lunch a guy came up to me and asked if the black bike outside was mine. Then he asked what it was and after I explained he said, "I would have lost that bet." He thought it was a BMW.

Later in the day we made another stop and happened to see the group that was looking at the bike in the morning. One of the girls shouted, "There's that bike we saw this morning!" Then I got 20 questions and they all said they love it.

I really felt a sense of pride! Then my wife says, "You're such an attention whore."

She's just jealous. I told her she should feel happy that her husband is so cool. She just rolled her eyes. All I can do is smile.

"He thought it was a BMW.". ???? Have you removed all Honda nameplates and symbols from your bike, Bobby?

I've had plenty but this past weekend the wife and I were riding in a 500 bike memorial and at the starting point another passenger on a HD said this to my wife, " That sure looks comfortable how you like it?" " My wife said she loved it and I heard her tell her husband we need a bike like that!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

We need a bike like that. I would say you heard the ultimate compliment. Love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
    "He thought it was a BMW.". ???? Have you removed all Honda nameplates and symbols from your bike, Bobby?
    Everything but the Honda and Goldwing by the ignition. I guess they weren't nosey enough to see those. Probably a good thing, I don't want them drooling all over it.

Cape Hatteras

I rode down to the lighthouse this weekend. At a light, a Winnebago with a young couple pulled up next to me. The young (pretty) blond leaned out and asked, "Is that a Goldwing, my husband wants to know." And he looked up over her to hear the answer. "Yes, it is the sportier Goldwing." "Nice!!" they said. Then, I took off when the light turned green. Because, well, you know.

Then at the lighthouse a group of Harleys had pulled in just before I did, and one of the guys came over and said, "That sure looks like a very comfortable ride." What is it? As they get older, comfort becomes a bit more interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I'm a patchholder and chapter boss of an MC. My club brothers reactions at first were obviously mixed. I lead the pack most of the time and the HD's have a hard time keeping up Every time one of them breaks down, I hand them a business card from the Honda dealer where I purchased mine! Needless to say, wether the like it or not... They all respect it!
    Similar to my story. My Brothers are used to me riding a Honda, I was on my VTX1800 when I prospected. I got some ribbing but after some throttle twisting, they came to respect that bike and so it was easy to get them to respect the F6B. I just had to say, "it's faster than the blue one".

ST vs. the B

I had a man with two little girls ask them which of my bikes they liked better, they both immediately pointed at the B. Little kids love motorcycles, I always try to wave back when they wave at me. Had a lot of positive responses to my bike one guy I know told me," that bike is you." Stopped at a convenience store yesterday and ran into a group on a poker run, got a lot of approving nods.

Went to Discount Tire to pay for tires for the wifey's grocery hauler. I came out of the store and a 30 year old dude with a 50 year old gin belly wearing the same t-shirt he wore when he graduated high school with two donuts on his rusted out Mazda pulling a blow out from his trunk said 'nice bike'. Does that qualify as a compliment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

A guy at a stoplight in Chicago said nice goldwingabago. And about half of the black girls driving on Stoney island avenue on the south side smile and wave at me.
    JAYGO