Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
The problem today as I see it with the new kids is they have no compass... today is a new day and no plans for tomorrow...unless, and I mean unless something lands in their lap they have no concern...period. These new folks also seem to do "just enough" to get by, just enough to stay out of trouble, just enough to pass a grade just enough to take care of today...dam tomorrow! They stand for nothing! I, like most here grew up with a certain set of values...I still live by those values ...a friend of mine while having this same conversation said it more simply than I could ..." I live by the 10 Commandants!!!" Not sure those values exist today, at least, it seems by many... The P.C. crowd wants EVERYTHING to be OK and if it does not land in your lap then it is really none of your business... My wife is constantly telling me to keep my opinions to my self... I/we are not at the age yet where we can say whatever we want...I for one can't wait !!!
I was very close to giving up on a stepson I inherited some 16 years ago. Persona non grata at my home back then. Then about 5 years ago he began to look around at all the cool things he could have if he had money. I like to think I had an influence because i did try, but most likely he veered off course and happened into a fairly good career. Now I am proud to visit him and his wife at their recently purchase home. I am proud to know him. There is hope for some of them. The ones who manage to hit 25-30 years of age with decent morals and solid ethics, anyway.

Steve, so far as I can tell, you can say what you want here. And please do!