OMG, trying to decide on a helmet..... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OMG, trying to decide on a helmet.....

I'm guessing the ECE 22.05 vs Snell M2010 argument is ongoing. Seems they're both pretty stringent. The Suomy Apex Sam and Tornado are sweet, but yet again not one anyone carries. The sweetest looking helmets are always on the net.....never in stores.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    I'm guessing the ECE 22.05 vs Snell M2010 argument is ongoing. Seems they're both pretty stringent. The Suomy Apex Sam and Tornado are sweet, but yet again not one anyone carries. The sweetest looking helmets are always on the net.....never in stores.
    The RS-1 has a Transitions shield available, which I bought and love. I never need sunglasses and never need to remove it at night for a clear one. Highly recommend it.

I'm probably going to go with an ECE approved helmet. I like their testing procedures and they appear to be the "safest" in real world conditions. So far, the EXO500 makes the most sense for me. The HJC RPHA didn't do well in side impact. Bell names their helmets something different in EU, not sure which is which, but they all did well.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

The Scorpion EXO Heritage fit everything I was looking for and the red, white, and blue paint scheme is one of my faves. I was lucky enough to find two at a smoking deal from a motorcycle dealer blowing them out on ebay. Here's a pic.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Awesome choice for that your bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Thanks, can't wait to give back the borrowed helmet. Also wish my Joe Rocket jacket would hurry up....
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Good choice. I have been through several helmets and found that the Scorpion 500 fit me the best.

First ride, first impressions.....blown away! The shield is ultra clear, the drop down visor rocks for several reasons. No changing of shield, great to ride at lower speeds with the visor up partially and the internal drop down dropped. Unbelievably quieter and more comfortable than the borrowed 707 Vendetta 2. I mean, like light years better comfort, quietness, and vision. Highly recommend and you can't beat some of the closeout prices!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN