Clearview Windshield height question - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clearview Windshield height question

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    My clearview is my third windscreen. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I hear the radio at 14 doing 80. I have a vent for the heat in Florida and the curve at the top takes the wind over my helmet preventing wind turbelance. You should be good to go! Here is a pic of mine.

Attachment 14094
    That's a nice view of John's Pass Village from the other side. I used to stay at Bahia Del Mar Island near by. I love the whole area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

You're 1 " taller than me, I think it will be a perfect height but since you have 2-3 inches of adjustment built into the mounting slots in the ws you can play with it. I can just see over the 15 inch and do get minor buffeting and some noise but nothing like before. It looks really good on the f6, just remember to stuff some rags into the corners where the mirror are so you dont drop the corner mounting bolts Into the faring when loosening them. They give you a foam gasket with no directions, just put it flush at the top of the fairings edge. The owner is really helpful and I enjoyed dealing with him. I think you'll be happy with the product.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    You're 1 " taller than me, I think it will be a perfect height but since you have 2-3 inches of adjustment built into the mounting slots in the ws you can play with it. I can just see over the 15 inch and do get minor buffeting and some noise but nothing like before. It looks really good on the f6, just remember to stuff some rags into the corners where the mirror are so you dont drop the corner mounting bolts Into the faring when loosening them. They give you a foam gasket with no directions, just put it flush at the top of the fairings edge. The owner is really helpful and I enjoyed dealing with him. I think you'll be happy with the product.
    yes I remember changing my stock to a BS screen. Didn't use the rag method and lost a bolt somewhere. After 2 hours of searching I gave up. It's still down there somewhere, ordered extra bolts and when I changed the BS screen to Clearview I did use the rag method!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

My clearview is my third windscreen. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I hear the radio at 14 doing 80. I have a vent for the heat in Florida and the curve at the top takes the wind over my helmet preventing wind turbelance. You should be good to go! Here is a pic of mine.

Attachment 14094
    Would it be possible to get a pic from behind an front?

HD - I'll take the pic tonight.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

HD here you go. Pic #2 is from my height sitting in the stock seat. I'm 5'7".

Attachment 14402Attachment 14403Attachment 14404
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

HD here you go. Pic #2 is from my height sitting in the stock seat. I'm 5'7".

Attachment 14402Attachment 14403Attachment 14404
    Hey tks for the pic's
    By the way heading to Fla monday morning, Lakeland/Plant city is my home

Advice

I have been following this thread, thanks everyone for the input. Just need a little advice...I currently have the clearview small and it is too short for me (will probably put it up for sale). I am 6'1" and I have the stock seat. I am contemplating ordering the large but I am concerned it may be too tall, I want to look over the windshield. Any advise would be appreciated!! Thanks for your time.

Mark
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Again, I am 5'7" and I look over my large Clearview.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016