Happy Fathers Day... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Fathers Day...

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    ...anyone want to ride up to Philly and help me load up this moving POD?
    I've got most of the sound gear in it as of last night. POD is about half full.
    Speakers are HEAVY."

We are 3 layers deep.
    Attachment 14797
    Look out Southerners, Yankee with a U-Haul a comin'.

General MacArthur's Prayer for His Son

This about sums it up.

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak; and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be pround and unbending in honest defeat and humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds; a son who will know Thee -- and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.

Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear, whose goal will be high, a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men, one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously. Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, and the meekness of true strength.

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, "I have not lived in vain!"

Strangest thing about Father's Day now that I DO want socks and underwear, I never get them.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Look out Southerners, Yankee with a U-Haul a comin'.
    I am a currently displaced Southerner, Sir.

(I spent most of my formative years in Dallas (1970-1981).
    When "huddle" and "drug ring" were synonyms.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Wifey got me some dedicated saddlebag luggage for Franklin, a donut and a kolache and a chocolate milk at the donut shop. Then we went for a nice 120 mile spin around Lake Conroe. Lots of boats running around. Humid but nice day in Houston.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I did get a nice ride in.
    Then my son came over, we watched a movie, then I took him to WalMart for a new watch.
    Even though I didn't get anything material from him, he did want to spend the afternoon with me.
    That was my Father's Day gift from him; his company.
    He has some challenges and is autistic.
    My daughter was busy with her in-laws, so she's taking me out for Chinese on Tuesday.
    A double Father's Day!

HaPPy Father's Day!

Daughter just took me to Rita's for some water ice.
    She hinted that I should try the lemon lime, as I would find it 'cool & refreshing' after spending all day working out doors.
    So, I did.
    We took our water-ice and went over to a bench and sat down.
    She opened her purse, pulled out some Jose Cuervo Silver and and poured it into my cup.
    She loves me!

Edit: Yes, she drove, and she is 22 years of age.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Ah Rita's Italian Ice. That's my coffee mug at work. I get the 'what's a water ice' at least once a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I wish I could say hi to mine and wish him the best on this day, but alas he has gone to the other side... many years ago. Today I do reflect on the many good times we had and words of wisdom he taught me.

Here's to you Milton Douglas Royal I miss you and tell your great grandchildren all about you and what a man you were.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    This about sums it up.

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak; and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be pround and unbending in honest defeat and humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds; a son who will know Thee -- and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.

Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear, whose goal will be high, a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men, one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously. Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, and the meekness of true strength.

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, "I have not lived in vain!"

Strangest thing about Father's Day now that I DO want socks and underwear, I never get them.
    Build me a son that has the reason to see through Harley's sales pitches, so he may ride like I do on a F6B!

Happy Fathers Day everyone!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

"I shall return, and ride a B"