Original Valkyrie vs current Valk/F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Valkyrie vs current Valk/F6B

Original Valkyrie vs current Valk/F6B

I owned one of the original Valks and only kept it a year because I never felt comfortable in terms of handling. I recently got back into riding and bought a F6b which I love. I rode lots of different bikes before making my decision. I rode both the F6B and the new Valk and found their ride to be the same-great. For the longest time, I thought that I didnt like the orig Valk because it was too big for me as I am only 5'4", but the new version makes me think it was something else.

What is it about the old Valk and I didnt like and what was changed on the new version to make handling easier?

Smaller front tire, fuel carried low instead of high & towards the front, aluminum frame with a decades worth of tech advancements, EFI & a bigger engine.
    My thinking as a 9 year multi Valkyrie ex-owner.

Loved my Valks but the "B" is a good leap forward.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Interesting. After my previous Valk experience, I thought I wanted (needed) a smaller bike. When I was shopping and test driving, I kept choosing bigger and bigger bikes. I was never thrilled with the ride until the F6B. I was more comfortable on the F6B in 10 mins than I was in a year on my orig Valk.

This was my old Valk:
    Attachment 14991

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I owned one of the original Valks and only kept it a year because I never felt comfortable in terms of handling. I recently got back into riding and bought a F6b which I love. I rode lots of different bikes before making my decision. I rode both the F6B and the new Valk and found their ride to be the same-great. For the longest time, I thought that I didnt like the orig Valk because it was too big for me as I am only 5'4", but the new version makes me think it was something else.

What is it about the old Valk and I didnt like and what was changed on the new version to make handling easier?
    I still remember the day I rode out of the dealership with my 98 Valk. It was at the time a very unique bike. I test rode the new Valkyrie when I bought the F6. Not for me. I wish Honda had kept some of the style of the original!. It was named cruiser of the decade by Cruiser magazine for the 90’s. If Honda had made a Valk with the F6 motor upgraded the handling and kept the styling I would be riding it!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I still remember the day I rode out of the dealership with my 98 Valk. It was at the time a very unique bike. I test rode the new Valkyrie when I bought the F6. Not for me. I wish Honda had kept some of the style of the original!. It was named cruiser of the decade by Cruiser magazine for the 90’s. If Honda had made a Valk with the F6 motor upgraded the handling and kept the styling I would be riding it!
    When you say, "not for me" did you mean styling or ride?

I'm confused. Isn't the current Valk the same frame and motor as the F6B and full Wing?

Interesting. After my previous Valk experience, I thought I wanted (needed) a smaller bike. When I was shopping and test driving, I kept choosing bigger and bigger bikes. I was never thrilled with the ride until the F6B. I was more comfortable on the F6B in 10 mins than I was in a year on my orig Valk.

This was my old Valk:
    Attachment 14991

Felt the same way as you,I felt that at 66 I needed a smaller bike.
    At one of the Valkerie rallies I rode a members F6B and it got me wondering
    if I was right.
    I got myself a smoking hot deal on a 2013 and just love this bike.
    I had to , like any bike make it fit me.
    Had to install mc cruise and seat some lights and such. Well I just road 5000 miles
    to South Dakota and found that I was so much more rested than when I would do
    trips like this on my ols Interstate.
    Now mind you the old Valk was a super bike and I loved it.
    But the new bikes are so much easier to handle.
    shortleg

I have had tow original Valkyries,including my current one. They are different animals for sure. My Valkyries have always seemed to handle just fine and have ridden them pretty aggressively. That being said, there is no denying that my F6B is far and away a better handling machine. Neither of my Valkyries have been Interstates though. My current Valkyrie does have a Woody's fairing and bags, but I still think it is a little less top heavy than an Interstate.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Get in the gym !!! Strength is the last thing to go.... I surely miss my Valk !!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

When you say, "not for me" did you mean styling or ride?

I'm confused. Isn't the current Valk the same frame and motor as the F6B and full Wing?
    Styling mostly plus I view the new Valk as a one person bike. If I owned another one person bike it would be a C-14.

Attachment 15008. This is a pic of my 98 just before I sold it. 13 years old and 90k on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Styling mostly plus I view the new Valk as a one person bike. If I owned another one person bike it would be a C-14.

Attachment 15008. This is a pic of my 98 just before I sold it. 13 years old and 90k on the clock.
    I remember that Valk!

sdarhfjn 005.jpg

Remember this one?
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.